Big Upgrade of Forum Software this evening. Disruption Expected (1 Viewer)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Loving it Jim. Very clean, and sharp looking - much like yourself really..... :cool:

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Can’t find watched forums (not threads) probably obvious? Should say sub forums I.e makes of van or individual countries watched.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
can sum-one tell what the hell push notifications are cos it want's my permission it can bugger of if its going to take over my computer

bill

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
can sum-one tell what the hell push notifications are cos it want's my permission it can bugger of if its going to take over my computer

bill

Push notifications are superb, it means you are alerted by your phone when someone here is talking about you or responding to your posts or conversations. Only problem with them is we can't push to iphones right now because of Apple short sightedness. Push is only available to Android users

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
OK you can ignore people threads and whole forums. ? You should be able to do it by following your nose, but I will make a video how to do it in the morning.

I'm off to bed, Ive just done 43 hours straight,:Eeek: with a 2 hour kip in the middle and its fair to say I'm on my chinstrap. Night all

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I was a website designer for a few years and a few things are bugging me. But are they bugging me coz I'm a grumpy old git :moon2:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've got major issues with the Blog import, so we'll be doing without that for a while. Also with the chat and Social Groups but they'll be up in a few days.

The look and feel I think are pretty much there, but I'll be tweaking things gently for weeks; colours, shades, transparency etc. I quite like the round Avatars and might put those back on and live with them for a day or two. I could do with feedback from Android users as I don't own one. Of course anything urgent that is hindering the use of the forums I'll get on to straight away, otherwise, I'm back to the magazine as my first priority.

Thanks for you patience, and ....moan away :D

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
@Jim , like it now found the lightening thingy , seems better than the , recent button.
Keep up the good work(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: DBK
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I've got major issues with the Blog import, so we'll be doing without that for a while. Also with the chat and Social Groups but they'll be up in a few days.

The look and feel I think are pretty much there, but I'll be tweaking things gently for weeks; colours, shades, transparency etc. I quite like the round Avatars and might put those back on and live with them for a day or two. I could do with feedback from Android users as I don't own one. Of course anything urgent that is hindering the use of the forums I'll get on to straight away, otherwise, I'm back to the magazine as my first priority.

Thanks for you patience, and ....moan away :D
Just commented on your other thread, yeah on Android it is working perfectly now, the old things that I used to use have come back and the new stuff is useful as well(y)(y)(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I was just gonna change my Avatar but can't, not sure if you're aware of this or not @Jim

As for the shape of them, the only problem with round ones is you lose the corners which could make some people's look weird ... well weirder than they do normally! :D2

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Where are these round avatars, still square on mine.
We've gone back to square again ... :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Jim, could you please consider altering the 'hover' on thread titles ... at the moment the hover 'reading pane' is centred over the titles so for those with small titles it's on the left edge of the screen but for those with long titles its further in from the which is okay but obviously where it is 'moves' around which is a bit of a nuisance - could it be made so it is always alights to the right of the 'thread box' rather than the title so it's always in the same position (aligned on the left is too close to the screen edge).

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Any way to change the background colour Jim? Staring at a plain white screen hurts my eyes and gives me headaches. I've deliberately stayed with older versions of various software that I use because of their "upgrades" to the Windows "new look" washed out interfaces where everything is on a white background. Where I used to work, most of us altered the background colour of display pages in Word so that we didn't have to stare at white screen all day. Thankfully, it seems that "Dark Mode" is the up and coming "new look", which helps me a lot!

Edit: Just been reading the Upgrade thread, and before you ask, I sold my last Capri 3 years ago :D2

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Any way to change the background colour Jim? Staring at a plain white screen hurts my eyes and gives me headaches. I've deliberately stayed with older versions of various software that I use because of their "upgrades" to the Windows "new look" washed out interfaces where everything is on a white background. Where I used to work, most of us altered the background colour of display pages in Word so that we didn't have to stare at white screen all day. Thankfully, it seems that "Dark Mode" is the up and coming "new look", which helps me a lot!

This is the same background colour as the last forum, but I'll take a look. (y)

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
:D2
This is the same background colour as the last forum, but I'll take a look. (y)

Thank you Sir (y) I think the difference is that the whole screen is now white or very light background, whereas with the old forum there was a lot more colour surrounding the area containing the text of posts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back