Jul 31, 2019
Keymer
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since March 2017
Afternoon all
Can you let me know if you have the Xzent system in your cab. We have an Autotrail F74 and we have had real problems with the system. For example, I can be driving down roads that have been there for years and all of a sudden, the screen goes crazy and puts me in adjacent fields, driving across streams. According to the system, it had me driving at 185mph, when approaching traffic lights!!!
George

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Old Gibber

As a positive poster about the XZent infotainment system/satnav I though I hope you dont mind me asking you for some assistance with mine.

History;-

Have just taken (6 weeks) delivery of my Autotrail Imala Brand new 2023 model which has the XZent F275 inoftainment system with the sat nav pre-installed on the first two trips, back from the dealership and on the trip to have an alarm installed it gave me a hard time however on the return journey it worked fine and also the other day on a local trip to have additional work carried out, both ways.

I had decided to just run with it for the time being and see how things went.

You may have guessed I am a technophone!

Today though I thought I would try and link my Android (Pixel 3a) phone which I hoped would be a simple procedure but even hard wired it said no device present and again when trying bluetooth no device was found with just this limited info. are you aware of any steps I should take or may have missed to achieve a connection.

I feel I need to get to the bottom of this because I believe updates require a connection.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Ray
Updates for all Xzents whether Ford or Fiat can be downloaded using the Windows OS onto a USB stick from the Zenet website. The unit must then be removed from the dashboard as 'USB 1' is located on the rear of the device.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
On Order.Carado V337
Updates for all Xzents whether Ford or Fiat can be downloaded using the Windows OS onto a USB stick from the Zenet website. The unit must then be removed from the dashboard as 'USB 1' is located on the rear of the device.....Yes i'm just going to remove the unit

(n):lipssealed: Seriously !!!

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi Ray. It was fairly easy to link the Xzent and my Android using Bluetooth. I suggest you retry the Bluetooth connection procedure, also taking note of any warning messages which come up on the phone screen. If its connected you will see a limited amount of phone data in the top right of the Xzent screen. For some operations you will need to plug the phone into one of the flying USB leads in the compartment on the dash at the passenger side. Sometimes an operation (eg playing Bluetooth music) requires confirmation on the phone first, but every make of phone operates slightly differently.

My Xzent has navigated me perfectly as a solo traveller across the UK, down through France and onward to southern Spain and back already this year. I have found it very good for clear navigation instructions and good on-screen displays of junctions and roundabouts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Updates for all Xzents whether Ford or Fiat can be downloaded using the Windows OS onto a USB stick from the Zenet website. The unit must then be removed from the dashboard as 'USB 1' is located on the rear of the device.
The unit does not need to be removed. There should be two flying USB leads fitted to the back of the unit which come out in one of the cubby holes/ glove boxes. One will be labelled USB1.
The Xzent software is available on the Xzent website along with the update instructions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
The unit does not need to be removed. There should be two flying USB leads fitted to the back of the unit which come out in one of the cubby holes/ glove boxes. One will be labelled USB1.
The Xzent software is available on the Xzent website along with the update instructions.
Clearly the Fiat unit is different from the Ford as the latter has no flying USB leads, this includes both the older none Android/Apple or updated head units

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Hi Old gibber and Jonno 1103

Thanks for your responses, i will be trying the bluetooth approach again but having done it several times to no avail I am not holding out much hope.
I have two ports (I am going to try and attach a picture) which I have tried with regard to the hard wire approach which I also had no luck with I imagine these replace what you are calling wandering leads ones?

Will update with progress (if any) tomorrow, I have found the version I have which is 3.3 is 4 released yet jonno1103.

Again further advice appreciated.

Ray

Moho USB ports.jpg

Upvote 0

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!

Thanks for your responses, i will be trying the bluetooth approach again but having done it several times to no avail I am not holding out much hope.
I have two ports (I am going to try and attach a picture) which I have tried with regard to the hard wire approach which I also had no luck with I imagine these replace what you are calling wandering leads ones?

Will update with progress (if any) tomorrow, I have found the version I have which is 3.3 is 4 released yet jonno1103.

Ray

View attachment 729683
Look in the passenger side dashboard top cubby hole (has a lift up flap) for a USB flylead

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012

Ray

View attachment 729683
3.3 is the most current. For map updates there should be a link to Naviextras on the Zenec website offering your first FOC. This is done by removing the micro SD card from the right side of the head unit and inserting it into the slot on your laptop or PC.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
George E C

George E C

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Keymer
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since March 2017
3.3 is the most current. For map updates there should be a link to Naviextras on the Zenec website offering your first FOC. This is done by removing the micro SD card from the right side of the head unit and inserting it into the slot on your laptop or PC.
Good morning all
As previously mentioned, I have had loads of problems with the Xzent Sat Nav. I have just had the whole unit changed by the dealer I bought the MH from ( by the way it is a Ford Transit base model).
Believe it or not the dealer couldn’t update the unit, as they say it has to be updated using a Windows based laptop etc (they had Apple computers).
Luckily I have one. I had to download the Naviextras software to carry out the procedure. I had to do what Jonno1103 said, remove the SD card, fit it into a larger SD housing and insert it in my laptop, to download the update. It took quite a long time, but I guess this will all depend on download speeds. I haven’t put it back in the unit yet, so can’t say if it is going to work. Once on the road again will send an update.
George

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Good morning all
As previously mentioned, I have had loads of problems with the Xzent Sat Nav. I have just had the whole unit changed by the dealer I bought the MH from ( by the way it is a Ford Transit base model).
Believe it or not the dealer couldn’t update the unit, as they say it has to be updated using a Windows based laptop etc (they had Apple computers).
Luckily I have one. I had to download the Naviextras software to carry out the procedure. I had to do what Jonno1103 said, remove the SD card, fit it into a larger SD housing and insert it in my laptop, to download the update. It took quite a long time, but I guess this will all depend on download speeds. I haven’t put it back in the unit yet, so can’t say if it is going to work. Once on the road again will send an update.
George
It takes a long time to update the map files as the files are huge. - They cover all of Europe, including Russia! BTW you can also use Naviextras to add your own POI.

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC

Ray

View attachment 729683
Ignore these, look in the cubby hole on the dash above the speedo console.

Upvote 0
Oct 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 243
Exp
1 year in and loving it
It should be version 3.3. although 4.1 is imminent.
Having read this I checked the Xzent website and found version 4.1 was available for the X-427 unit in my Fiat based Benimar.

Beware tho, the software linked to on their site would not load properly despite several attempts and using multiple USB drives. I ended up with a unit that appeared to be ‘bricked’.

I opened a ticket via their ‘support’ section and received an email response within the hour.

The email provide an alternate link to the update software which I did then eventually manage to load successfully on my device (it did require me to manually organise files on my USB drive rather than simply downloading and extracting a single compressed).

However, I would strongly recommend NOT doing this update (especially if you have the same unit as mine) until they fix the files that are provided directly from their site.

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Clearly the Fiat unit is different from the Ford as the latter has no flying USB leads, this includes both the older none Android/Apple or updated head units
Nope, just the same. Chausson may have fitted USB sockets, rather than flying leads, in the drivers' side cubby hole above the dash.

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Nope, just the same. Chausson may have fitted USB sockets, rather than flying leads, in the drivers' side cubby hole above the dash.
There's no external USB socket of any description in the AT's linking to the update socket on the rear of the head unit, it needs to be removed using the provided keys.

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Hi all

Old Gibber

Thanks for your previous responses to my earlier questions (there are a few more to come)!

Firstly an update from me, following a week away in the M.H. (hence the delay between my posts) I used the sat nav both ways satisfactorily except it was not aware the A27 was closed at one point and had been for months, should it have been? when it accepted that I was not going to double back and resume its initial route as it wanted, it accepted that a diversion/new route was necessary/required and it did ok again then (although I felt I was bullying it to do so by ignoring instructions) there didn't seem to be any alternative to this method..

Having found the flying leads in the glove box, I was able to connect up my phone which I wasn't able to do before, with this small success under my belt I felt ready to have a go at updating the operating system.

So, I spent ages on the Xzent site yesterday and today following and re-following their instructions as to how to do it. Long long story short I managed it eventually this afternoon and am pleased with myself that I persevered :) . Which was primarily down to your confidence in the system making me feel it would be worthwhile and confidence boosting attitude driving me on.

However, I now wish to update the maps, I have no doubt that it will take me equally as long as the saga with the O.S. update. I have studied the Naviextra site and wish they had a step by step instruction guide that you are able to print up like the Xzent site did. At this stage I am fearful that it could be even more difficult than that was.

However questions at this point;-
1. Am I right in thinking that you can re-use and overwrite the storage card currently in the Xzent unit.
2. If so and something goes wrong will I lose the maps presently in use?
3. Or are they retained within some sort of hard drive?
4. Could I use a separate S.D. card to avoid this risk?
5. If so would I just replace the original S.D. card with the new one?

As previously mentioned, as an old boy, I am a computer Luddite and technophobe so if these questions seem stupid please bear with me.

Any assistance appreciated.

Ray

Upvote 0
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all

Old Gibber

Thanks for your previous responses to my earlier questions (there are a few more to come)!

Firstly an update from me, following a week away in the M.H. (hence the delay between my posts) I used the sat nav both ways satisfactorily except it was not aware the A27 was closed at one point and had been for months, should it have been? when it accepted that I was not going to double back and resume its initial route as it wanted, it accepted that a diversion/new route was necessary/required and it did ok again then (although I felt I was bullying it to do so by ignoring instructions) there didn't seem to be any alternative to this method..

Having found the flying leads in the glove box, I was able to connect up my phone which I wasn't able to do before, with this small success under my belt I felt ready to have a go at updating the operating system.

So, I spent ages on the Xzent site yesterday and today following and re-following their instructions as to how to do it. Long long story short I managed it eventually this afternoon and am pleased with myself that I persevered :) . Which was primarily down to your confidence in the system making me feel it would be worthwhile and confidence boosting attitude driving me on.

However, I now wish to update the maps, I have no doubt that it will take me equally as long as the saga with the O.S. update. I have studied the Naviextra site and wish they had a step by step instruction guide that you are able to print up like the Xzent site did. At this stage I am fearful that it could be even more difficult than that was.

1. Am I right in thinking that you can re-use and overwrite the storage card currently in the Xzent unit.

As previously mentioned, as an old boy, I am a computer Luddite and technophobe so if these questions seem stupid please bear with me.

Ray
I have just updated mine today you need to download the Naviextras toolbox and it allows you to backup the maps to your pc/mac before the update.
Depending on the manufacturer you may only have 1 year of free updates then is becomes very expensive.

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
On the F Line the user downloads through the USB next to the 12v socket lower centre of the dash... the same one for playing music from a memory stick.
I did V4.1 yesterday for the older F280. (File can be found in Xzent's 'archive'). There's no need to update the DAB firmware if the user is running V15.

Edit.. for reference, in their wisdom during the build they 'forgot' to fit the USB extension from the rear of the head unit hence the need to fully remove the thing. It was living in glove box! Now fitted, the updates are far easier and I can now play music downloaded from my PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC

Ray
1. First copy/backup the maps card data to your computer.
2/3 Not a problem if you do (1) above.
4/5. Not sure.

Give yourself plenty of time to update the maps. The files are simply huge, and there are lots of them. They take a long time to download, especially if your internet connection is slow.

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
4/5. Not sure.

Give yourself plenty of time to update the maps. The files are simply huge, and there are lots of them. They take a long time to download, especially if your internet connection is slow.
Old Gibber

Thanks for the response will start having a go tomorrow, especially re the tips about time in relation to the down load time as I am rarely patient with computers not understanding them!
4/5. Not sure.

Hi all

Old Gibber

Well I did it, it took ages but its done (maps updated) , as you suggested I did do my own back of the original map SD card which gave me confidence to proceed even though one was prompted to do one during the update procedure I felt happier having done my own.

After I had gone through the complete rigmarole (lots of boredom whilst it was doing things automatically) I was unsure that I had completed the the full procedure! but eventually found confirmation staring me in the face on the toolbox home page another Luddite moment!

Cant wait to put it to the test on the road.

Thanks for your help.

One final thought for others struggling with this Xzent package" if I can do it you can." :)

Upvote 0
May 2, 2021
Selby, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail F70
Exp
Afternoon all
Can you let me know if you have the Xzent system in your cab. We have an Autotrail F74 and we have had real problems with the system. For example, I can be driving down roads that have been there for years and all of a sudden, the screen goes crazy and puts me in adjacent fields, driving across streams. According to the system, it had me driving at 185mph, when approaching traffic lights!!!
George
are you still having issues, ive sorted a few of these out and they all work fine now

Upvote 0
OP
OP
George E C

George E C

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Keymer
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since March 2017
are you still having issues, ive sorted a few of these out and they all work fine now
Hi
I have had a new Xzent system fitted but haven’t, as yet been on the road to try it out. We are hoping to be away this weekend onwards, so can respond better then . I did manage to update the SD card, so hope it all works. Will let you know. Thanks for your message.
George

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi
I have had a new Xzent system fitted but haven’t, as yet been on the road to try it out. We are hoping to be away this weekend onwards, so can respond better then . I did manage to update the SD card, so hope it all works. Will let you know. Thanks for your message.
George
Before you go out, check how many satellites it receives. Its a 2 minute check. It should be at least 8-10.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
George E C

George E C

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Keymer
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since March 2017
Thanks for your help and advice.
Hi again
We have just returned from our trip away. The Xzent system started great and soon went downhill, put us into streams etc. I checked the satellite situation today and it said it had 7/8 satellites tracking, on our drive. I’m still not convinced that this unit is any good. I sent them an e mail a week ago, they still haven’t replied.
Customer service just isn’t what it was !!!
George

Upvote 0
Jan 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
5W!b*ab3K#
Hi again
We have just returned from our trip away. The Xzent system started great and soon went downhill, put us into streams etc. I checked the satellite situation today and it said it had 7/8 satellites tracking, on our drive. I’m still not convinced that this unit is any good. I sent them an e mail a week ago, they still haven’t replied.
George
Change the antenna... it fixed mine

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Hi again
George
I had to contact customer service last week as I needed some files to do the update to 4,1, the downloadable exe file doesn't work properly for me. I had a response within 30 minutes with a link to the files and it installed ok. I wonder if your email is not getting through to them? Maybe try from a different email address?

The sat nav part of mine seems to pick up location fine, but I do have the GPS receiver mounted on the dash rather than behind the unit. I do need to do a map update though, hopefully that is going to go smoothly.

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi again
George
You need to move the antenna above the dash.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back