LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
It looks rather like we may not be arriving until late Saturday 27th. Family takes precidence even over you lovely people 😊. So if someone wants our space they'd be welcome, otherwise we could arrive late and maybe stay a little longer!
Have you got the date right?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I've just returned from Woodside Field and can report that the main rally area is firm and should give us no problem. The area by the water taps is quite soft so there will be no stopping to fill up with water. Brian is also concerned about 1 area on the hill and has done a lot of work on the track. However to minimise the risk of front wheel drive vans losing grip it would be wise to arrive without water particularly if the water storage is towards the rear of the van. Facilities for loading water once pitched will be provided.
I'm sure tmar will give us an update after he arrives on site Tuesday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tmar

tmar

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2016
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
10yrs
Hi all,

I still have space for the weekend if you want to come contact me first come first served as there have been a cancellation.

For the Jacob's table we have the following:-
Gammon joint, pastes, Quiche, salmon, sausage rolls, pate, bread, cheesecake, pork pies, coleslaw, tortilla, salad and chicken bites. Please let me know what you are bringing so we can plan the evening thank you.

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Just a quick reminder for all those attending.
Only enter Hill Lane at the traffic light junction by the Cross Hands Hotel, look out for the Motorhome Fun Signs.
And watch out for a pot hole just as you enter hill lane.

Due to a cancellation we have one pitch available. Contact tmar for more details.

Dec 22, 2016
Willingdon
Funster No
MH
Elddis coachbuilt
Exp
9 years
I've just returned from Woodside Field and can report that the main rally area is firm and should give us no problem. The area by the water taps is quite soft so there will be no stopping to fill up with water. Brian is also concerned about 1 area on the hill and has done a lot of work on the track. However to minimise the risk of front wheel drive vans losing grip it would be wise to arrive without water particularly if the water storage is towards the rear of the van. Facilities for loading water once pitched will be provided.
I'm sure tmar will give us an update after he arrives on site Tuesday.
Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow, but we have had lots of rain and floods here on the south coast (some caused by high tides)

Just wondered if there was any update on how the field is looking - do we need to bring extra wellies? ☔🌧️

Fingers crossed that the weather forecast holds! :giggle:🤞

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I've got spare life jackets and a raft 😁

What difference a day makes. yesterday warm and sunny.☀️

Today back to the norm winds have dropped but rain and foggy☔

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
Just seen something going down the road. Its reg was NOAH 1. Not unusual for North Wales🚣‍♂️😝
Is this your new conversion Tarn😂😂😂😂😂😂
IMG_0721.jpeg

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Nah.....it's got no wipers! A must for God's country. :LOL:

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
So all is almost ready and awaiting arrival day. (y)

Despite best efforts the ground is reasonably firm, with a couple of softer spots to be avoided, especially near the watering points. But the grass will be slippery, and easily cut up so we need a little consideration. Quackers is a tad scared that you will all manage to make a mess of his finely manicured lawns (beer, or perhaps rum fines are a possibility).

Arrivals after midday please. To stop marshals getting too soggy, if you are going to be arriving after say 6:00pm, or on another day can you let us know (if not done so already).

To help us all please listen carefully to the instructions on arrival at the field gate. In essence:
  • Marshalls will direct and wave you toward your pitch. The smiley flags will be on the front drivers corner for vehicles with hab door (awning) on the left, and rear left corner for those vehicles with hab door on the right
  • Keep to the gritted track on the slope, it's soft if you stray off it.
  • Don't change gear on the slope or grass at the top. Moderate speed and revs, keeping momentum, avoiding loss of grip.
  • If you have an automatic put into manual mode to avoid gear changes.
  • Drive gently forward onto your pitch, don't try and reverse.
  • Take big loops, no sharp turns as that is when wheels dig in.
  • Hab doors should be orientated to the fence, opposite site of the field to the entrance gate.
  • Arrive with minimal water on board to keep weight down, especially for those who are front wheel with tanks at back. Once on your pitch we will work out how to water you with lengthy hose / barrels / thimble relay race.
  • Toads will need to be left near the gate before you try to go up the slope.
  • Please have mats under your driving wheels once parked up.

Thanks, and lets all have a great time.

PS air ambulance people will be coming to show off (and get donations) Monday lunchtime. It would be nice to have a good turnout.

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
If your quadbike-come tractor couldn't pull our small van up the hill, perhaps you should have a full size tractor available for the biggies?
He's not allowed anymore toys 😔

OP
OP
tmar

tmar

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2016
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
10yrs
Hi all,

Due to overnight heavy rain and still wet here the field is very tricky. If possible could you delay your arrival until late afternoon or even tomorrow. I will keep you updated as to the state of the field as it unravels. Also if possible could you let us know when you are about 1/2hr away so we can be ready for you.

Martin

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I'm not on this meet but for anyone looking for a place to stay nearby tonight, there is the wishing well pub stop which is quite nice with friendly staff, postcode BS37 6RY It's in search for sites if you have the app.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Last time I tried the Wishing well it was closed.

Martin
How long ago was that Martin? The website is still active, phone number is 01454501436 to confirm if it's open or not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back