Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi
Are you powering your firestick via the USB on your TV JockandRita or are you only using it plugged in when on mains?
Hi monzer, no, I tried powering from the TV's USB socket, but it didn't seem to like it, displaying erratic operation, so now I power it from it's own 12v supply, and an extended HDMI lead without any problems now. đź‘Ť

Cheers,

Jock. :)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Hi

Hi monzer, no, I tried powering from the TV's USB socket, but it didn't seem to like it, displaying erratic operation, so now I power it from it's own 12v supply, and an extended HDMI lead without any problems now. đź‘Ť

Cheers,

When you say 'it's own 12v supply' is that powered through an inverter? I'm looking for a 12v TV but it'll be used with a firestick all the time but I don't have an inverter to power it.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
When you say 'it's own 12v supply' is that powered through an inverter? I'm looking for a 12v TV but it'll be used with a firestick all the time but I don't have an inverter to power it.
A lot of TV's only output 0.5A from their usb socket and that may not be enough to power the Firestick. Connecting it to a 12v supply that outputs higher amperage would solve this issue eg 12v socket powered directly from leisure battery.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Obviously your previous occupation helped you become an expert on watching TV and assessing their performance, now get your gear on and get back on the yard lol - happy days becoming more and more distant every day .... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's not a comment to you, it's to Jock ... He will understand the references to watching TV and being told he should be out on the yard ....

Just because someone makes a post after a post, it doesn't always mean it's referring to the post immediately before ... It was referring to the OP's post !!
MisterB. Sorry Dave, I must have missed your posts. (Not difficult when flitting between phone and PC ;) ).

Yes, very true about happy days becoming more distant. :cry: A Facebook Group "Past & Present" (Brigade Memories), helps to bring back some great stories and characters to mind. đź‘Ť

Back on topic, months down the line, we are really pleased with our choice of the Falcon Traveller, BT sound bar, and Amazon Firestick. đź‘Ť

Cheers

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
A lot of TV's only output 0.5A from their usb socket and that may not be enough to power the Firestick. Connecting it to a 12v supply that outputs higher amperage would solve this issue eg 12v socket powered directly from leisure battery.
Ah gotya, so the firestick is still powered through its (12v) USB only it's getting enough power to work compared to through the TVs USB outlet?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Ah gotya, so the firestick is still powered through its (12v) USB only it's getting enough power to work compared to through the TVs USB outlet?
Not got \ used one but something like this might work for you. TV plugged into the 12v round socket with Firestick plugged into one of the 5v usb outputs?
Amazon product ASIN B0832GZRH1

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Not got \ used one but something like this might work for you. TV plugged into the 12v round socket with Firestick plugged into one of the 5v usb outputs?
Amazon product ASIN B0832GZRH1
Absolutely it would. Thanks for that. I'm still deciding my shopping list as I am upgrading my battery supply to. The TV I have at the mo is 240 only but would really like to change it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back