Where to affix Autopass/SkyttelPASS Tag on windscreen? (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Globestar 640dk
Not exactly sure where to affix this on the campervan. Don't want it to fail to register when passing tolls. Any advice please?

Mar 25, 2021
Chippenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 Welcome
Exp
Ex Tugger saw the light in 2019
I stuck mine to the centre of the windscreen just below the rear view mirror mounting. I never had a problem going through any toll collecting gantries or cameras.

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2019
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Same as Fat Albert centre of screen just below mirror. Make sure you link your skytettel pass tag with a prepayment ferry agreement and save up to 50% on ferry fees. Whatever credit you have left at the end of your trip goes back on your card

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We have always stuck ours up high on the passenger side of the rear mirror section. Just not on the black dot section. We do not have a large overcab though.

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2019
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Should have mentioned also that if you decide to come back through Sweden into Denmark like we did you can also link your skytettel pass account to the Oresund and get a decent discount on that as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
We have always stuck ours up high on the passenger side of the rear mirror section. Just not on the black dot section. We do not have a large overcab though.
Au contraire Riverboatannie, the instruction given by Ulys for the Vinci tag is as follows:
"Collez le support à gauche ou à droite de votre rétroviseur central, en privilégiant la zone grisée si elle est matérialisée et poussez le badge jusqu'au clic."
In essence this means put it to the left or right of the central rearview mirror preferably on the tinted area if it exists and fix the badge onto the support until it clicks. I seem to recall that the dotted section offers an element of protection against hot sun. Ours is there and works fine. I would imagine that other tags work the same?
The sensor at the peage barrier is mounted fairly low so I think it would need a really large overhang to block the signal.

Upvote 0

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Why wouldn't you stick a tag in the black dotted section of a windscreen? Unless of course an overcab would block the signal.

That is what it is specifically for. Especially if your windscreen is athermic or heated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Why wouldn't you stick a tag in the black dotted section of a windscreen? Unless of course an overcab would block the signal.

That is what it is specifically for. Especially if your windscreen is athermic or heated.
Ours , Mango unit, is stuck top just to the right of rear view video monitor, no overcab.
The dotted area, Frit, is the inner edge of a solid black enamelled section that is there to provide protection of the adhesive used
to fix the windscreen in from UV light.

Upvote 0

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Ours , Mango unit, is stuck top just to the right of rear view video monitor, no overcab.
The dotted area, Frit, is the inner edge of a solid black enamelled section that is there to provide protection of the adhesive used
to fix the windscreen in from UV light.

I wonder why Emovis and ATMB say it's for the specific location of a tag then?

Ours have always been there and work fine.

I actually think we are talking cross purpose. I'm talking about the larger wider dotted area surrounding the mirror mount or in the case of some motorhomes the camera screen.

Emovis-Tag_new-tag-in-screen.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Feb 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Globestar 640dk
I wonder why Emovis and ATMB say it's for the specific location of a tag then?

Ours have always been there and work fine.

I actually think we are talking cross purpose. I'm talking about the larger wider dotted area surrounding the mirror mount or in the case of some motorhomes the camera screen.

View attachment 890676
If it's for the continent should it be slightly to the left of the mirror on passenger side, assuming vehicle is right hand drive?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back