Whats your current gadget lust? (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Cerbo GX. If the cabling was easier i would have done it already but running those buggers will take a full weekend…

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Why do you need the Drift Pro. I've got a 230ah underseat Drift and it runs everything fine, and I've really been using some high drain appliances, air fryer, induction hob, coffee machine etc.
that will be Jims option if he cant blag them

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Full air suspension on the new van when it eventually comes.
I may be on for a bit of a battle having just spent a few K on a new e bike (told her afterwards) and just about talked her into a new e bike so she can keep up with me.
I’ll vouch for the full air transformation on the Compactline for you, if need be !

Apr 12, 2024
Cambridge, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 652
Exp
Many Years
Silent travel guitar to put in the motorhome. Now that I have retired I have taken up learning the guitar as a hobby but my partner reckons that I will scare everybody off of the overnight stops if I strum the acoustic that I own.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As Lenny HB has Found out with his electric bike, it’s a lot easier to get forgiveness than permission 😉👍👍
I think I've broken her this morning before I went out for a ride I was moaning about my aching legs she said "you don't have to ride it every day". :rofl:
Only had it 16 days reiden it 14 of those days already done 170 miles on it with lots of uphill over the downs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
Save yourself some cash and just carry a wooden box with a leash…step onto it whilst holding the rope,when seated, pull it up and stow behind the seat and jobs a good un. I’ve actually seen this in action used by a vertically challenged lady and thought it was brilliant.
Mousy, thanks for the tip.
I was going to suggest it to my wife but decided to avoid the explosion!

Oct 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2017
I think I've broken her this morning before I went out for a ride I was moaning about my aching legs she said "you don't have to ride it every day". :rofl:
Only had it 16 days reiden it 14 of those days already done 170 miles on it with lots of uphill over the downs.
Hi Lenny, what bike did you buy ?

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
A drone but I keep putting it off till they finalise the regs....

Oct 27, 2019
Fareham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I’m contemplating getting fixed steps on both front doors on our Fiat Ducato based motorhome.
We are both 5’6” and it is a big step for us, at least I have the benefit of the steering wheel!
I look at the u tube video everyday until my wallet cries.
Do you have the pull up webbing. There are some that plug into a seat belt socket and pull yourself in that way.

Feb 19, 2014
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1993
I’m contemplating getting fixed steps on both front doors on our Fiat Ducato based motorhome.
We are both 5’6” and it is a big step for us, at least I have the benefit of the steering wheel!
I look at the u tube video everyday until my wallet cries

Feb 19, 2014
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1993
Hi
Thanks to your post, I have just ordered one on eBay. We are both short, I have the benefit of the steering wheel but my disabled husband struggles to get in the passenger side in spite of having one of those little spotty folding stools (Argos) to step onto before getting into the cab.

The ‘clip into seat belt socket strap’ is available here: £17.00 free delivery, what price safety?

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
For the van:
Diesel heater
Self levelling kit

Other bits.
BMW 1250 RT ( maybe later this year).
The RT is a good bike. I bit heavy but then your last one was also. But once moving the weight disappears. Well balanced. 👍👍

Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
When I eventually get my campervan, which is on order. I want a vanbitz raptor. Then a comprehensive Victron system. At least 300 watts of solar and maybe two 330ah life batteries. I do like the Webasto diesel hob. Hopefully it will be the right size to replace the gas hob. I'm not a fan of gas in a confined space.

Oh, and two hellfire missiles for those tipper truck tw###.🤭

Oct 4, 2020
North West England
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cipro 55 CI
Exp
since 2015
I'm lusting after TWO 300AH Fogstar Drift Pro's. To fit one under each seat. (on their side) Currently negotiating and hoping to be able to swap some advertising here for them. [fingers crossed] Otherwise I'll have to buy them with hard cash, but like I told Siân they are great value at just £100 each :D'

To have 600AH in the van will be awesome :D.
we have 1x 280AH Fogstar Drift, and would like another to match it, we have had great use out of ours up to now

Feb 15, 2022
Crieff, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2014
Feb 15, 2022
Crieff, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2014
My most recent gadget I bought for the Moho is Starlink , when it was on half-price, on the Roam subscription. It's still in the box for now as I need to find out if the billing cycle is from the first connection or if I can update it and run some tests before deciding and using the 30-day return option. It will eventually replace my BT Broadband as we won't be getting full fibre in my area for quite some time so it will be used either at home or when away.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
The boss says I’ve been in mourning since selling the SLK last year.

So she thinks I should buy an F-Type to replace it as I need a weekend car.

Who am I to argue.

Now, anyone got a spare £25k - £30k 😂😂😂

Jun 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Quartet
Underfloor gas and a decent LiFePO/solar/B2B setup [plug'n'play Eco stuff perhaps?] and more storage in the old gas locker

Apr 22, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
GR73tLX:fzBDbY!
Exp
Burstner I'm new
I look at the u tube video everyday until my wallet cries.
I feel your pain. I am 5' and really struggle. I can't reach the steering wheel to drag myself in. I tend to enter by the habitation door.... I didn't realise there was a solution to my problem of being vertically challenged.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back