What Sim Card (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Ih tio
Exp
I have a Samsung phone with a Tesco contact but I want a backup phone I want a good size phone unlocked with a sim that rolls over each month if not used no contract any suggestions might only use in van thanks

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
My Tesco pay and go sim, in my mobile, has the role over. I very rarely use my phone and often can't even find where I left it. I last topped it up two years ago. I do send the occasional text to keep the number active.

Geoff

OP
OP
Hazelnut
Jul 2, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Ih tio
Exp
I don’t think my phone takes 2 sims it’s knocking on a bit like me might try Tesco sim any suggestions for a new phone

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I don’t think my phone takes 2 sims it’s knocking on a bit like me might try Tesco sim any suggestions for a new phone
If it doesn't and you're going to buy a new mobile it may be worthwhile looking a getting a dual sim mobile and putting your Tesco sim and your new one in it. Saves carrying two mobiles about.

Be aware some dual sim mobiles use the sd card slot to give the second sim slot so if you need additional storage you would need to get a dedicated dual sim unit. Keep an eye open for deals on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro as they have been appearing on great discount deals as highlighted by Minxy on this thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
If it doesn't and you're going to buy a new mobile it may be worthwhile looking a getting a dual sim mobile and putting your Tesco sim and your new one in it. Saves carrying two mobiles about.

Be aware some dual sim mobiles use the sd card slot to give the second sim slot so if you need additional storage you would need to get a dedicated dual sim unit. Keep an eye open for deals on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro as they have been appearing on great discount deals as highlighted by Minxy on this thread.
Our Samsung has them back to back in the sim slot

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There's a few threads at the moment about phones and/or sims, this one could do you if you want a better contract than Tesco's offering:

Also for a second sim Lebara are doing one for 6p a month for 6 months - yes really!

OP
OP
Hazelnut
Jul 2, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Ih tio
Exp
I am on a 12 month contract with Tesco unlimited calls tex and 100 GB £20 a month

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am on a 12 month contract with Tesco unlimited calls tex and 100 GB £20 a month
Not a lot you can do if you're in a contract, hubby has a Vodafone contract, 100gb pcm, 12 months which comes out at £7.13 pcm after cashback and Quidco.

OP
OP
Hazelnut
Jul 2, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Ih tio
Exp
Thats a good deal I will see what’s going when my contact ends few month yet when I get another phone and SIM card with another provider or the same one can I use the same email address on both phones ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thats a good deal I will see what’s going when my contact ends few month yet when I get another phone and SIM card with another provider or the same one can I use the same email address on both phones ?
There are often deals around, just tag me when you are looking for a new deal and I'll see what I can find you.

Email address isn't restricted to one phone so you can look at your email on any phones you have internet access on. If you want to register a second account with Vodafone using the same email address as your existing one though they'll just tell you to log in, nothing to stop you setting up a new email address though for your other sim. One thing you can't do is port your number from Vodafone to another Vodafone sim, eg Voda to Voda, Lebara etc as it uses the Voda network, you have to port it out first then back in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back