What filter do you use in your DIY SOG and where! (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I don't need to know about commercial sogs, just DIY SOG filters please ...

Where have you fitted yours and what type!
I've been looking at these

And fitting in the void under the flap in the cassette enclosure... I want to be able to replace the filter easily and regularly.

I could potentially cut them down and put them inside the void where the fan would usually go, or do they smell after a while, which is why commercial sog filters tend to be outside - after the fans?

That would be easy to achieve, would just need a few hours to design something for printing.

I know I could ignore the filter, but I would rather try to reduce 'discomfort' to passers by while I'm in my 'office'

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
To be honest I find the carbon filter on mine makes so little difference I just change it once a year. I cut the carbon sheet to fit the well under the Thetford c402 and it sits on a grill I made from a throw away BBQ above the fan. I also have a filter on the outside under the van made from a nylon pan scrubber to stop any bugs climbing up into the van. The outside pipe is terminated with a directional outlet like the ones used on the heating ducts on the inside of the van.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
To be honest I find the carbon filter on mine makes so little difference I just change it once a year. I cut the carbon sheet to fit the well under the Thetford c402 and it sits on a grill I made from a throw away BBQ above the fan. I also have a filter on the outside under the van made from a nylon pan scrubber to stop any bugs climbing up into the van. The outside pipe is terminated with a directional outlet like the ones used on the heating ducts on the inside of the van.

Good point re bugs etc being stopped from entering if a filter is positioned after the fan and as close to the outlet as possible! Thanks

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
BTW, I followed this post with a couple of changes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back