LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Think they‘ve been out 2-3yrs now and seen an odd mention of them here on MHF, also noticed there‘s a new compact version out now.

What‘s peoples views and experiences on them ?

I like the quick set up and if they can be stored stood up, that would be really useful for us if that all actually works ???

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Yes, (but no!).

I looked at the Weber offerings but went for the similar but (IMO) better constructed Napoleon TravelQ PRO285X. It is cast aluminium rather than steel, has a more substantial scissor cart, and I could get it rated for the moho standard 30mb propane rather than the 37mb that most portable gas BBQs are here in the U.K. I also got a deal on it, but even then it was relatively expensive, but I’m a believer in the ‘buy once, cry once’ mantra!

We use it with the optional griddle (plancha) on one half of the cooking area and it’s the one item of outdoor cooking equipment that we wouldn’t be without - grill, griddle, oven all in one. Although it can be stored vertically, the layout of our Adria with the island bed means ours is laid down on a false floor with our full size picnic table slotted in underneath. Takes but a moment to slide out and setup with the scissor cart, so no additional table space is lost. If you want the upright dimensions PM me and I’ll run the tape measure over it.

IMG_9314.jpeg

IMG_9402.jpeg

IMG_9131.jpeg

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Yep the Napoleon did it for me too. Best gas BBQ I've had home and away.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes, (but no!).

I looked at the Weber offerings but went for the similar but (IMO) better constructed Napoleon TravelQ PRO285X. It is cast aluminium rather than steel, has a more substantial scissor cart, and I could get it rated for the moho standard 30mb propane rather than the 37mb that most portable gas BBQs are here in the U.K. I also got a deal on it, but even then it was relatively expensive, but I’m a believer in the ‘buy once, cry once’ mantra!

We use it with the optional griddle (plancha) on one half of the cooking area and it’s the one item of outdoor cooking equipment that we wouldn’t be without - grill, griddle, oven all in one. Although it can be stored vertically, the layout of our Adria with the island bed means ours is laid down on a false floor with our full size picnic table slotted in underneath. Takes but a moment to slide out and setup with the scissor cart, so no additional table space is lost. If you want the upright dimensions PM me and I’ll run the tape measure over it.

View attachment 882972
View attachment 882973
View attachment 882974

Nice and i like your friend taking shade under the van😂

Had looked at the Napoleon but i deliberately want something space saving and slim and don‘t mind a tin based BBQ vs the better cast versions (Napoleon/Weber Q etc). Good to hear though that these are getting good reviews. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back