Water systems ci motorhome 2003 model (1 Viewer)

Ticka

Free Member
Mar 22, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat 2.0 CI 2003
Bought van and system was shut down for winter,filled tank & switched pump on,pump working ok. Opened tap to purge any air ,but still no joy,no water to taps sink,shower or toilet. Help please. Ken

OP
OP
T

Ticka

Free Member
Mar 22, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat 2.0 CI 2003
I can't see any water leaking from the underside,so think they are all closed mate

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If pump is working then does toilet flush or just make noise ?
Have you opened all taps, bathroom sink, shower, kitchen ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Ticka

Free Member
Mar 22, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat 2.0 CI 2003
Toilet not flushing mate,were are all these taos

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Bought van and system was shut down for winter,filled tank & switched pump on,pump working ok. Opened tap to purge any air ,but still no joy,no water to taps sink,shower or toilet. Help please. Ken
It seems like your system is a pressurised system as you say the pump runs OK but does it stop the you shut all the taps, may take a few seconds. If it runs and runs then you have a leak somewhere, start by purging the nearest tap to the pump and work progressively away until all are purged, ensure that the boiler drain is also closed and check both hot and cold are purged which involve a lot of gurgling. If it still does not purge then you have an air leak somewhere. If you have push fit joints or the type like mine which are German with Reich Unicquick connectors check that the small push clip built into the drain is still in place as this locks the pipe to the connector. A quck check is pull out the clip, and check the pipe is fully inserted then replace the clip. Also check hat the drain is not slightly dripping, I had one which was resulting in an air leak. The drain valve has to be replaced fully as they are not repairable but not expensive

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Further thought, some water systems us a water pump in the tank and second pump external one pushes and the other pulls, i believe. So does your tank have two wires coming from it, one for the water depth sensor and one for the pump? If so check the the submerged pump still works as you may be hearing the external pump and it may have got grot inside it stopping it working. If it is a submerged pump alone then can you get it out and test the pump alone? I am afraid that a bit of searching for taps, drain and the like is a bit of hunting down job, inside lockers underneath, wherever and not all obvious. I am fortunate to have a well laid out system meaning you can easily see the lot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back