Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Water pump replaced.
I've had my Campscout R for 7 years. Water pressure in the bathroom and toilet flush have always been poor. I've always carried a spare because people have said they fail often.
My kitchen tap was intermittent so I decided to change the pump. Globecar had pushed it solidly to the bottom of the tank with a metal wire. I fitted the new pump just slightly off the tank bottom. I've tested the pressure in the bathroom and toilet and they are now perfect, and as a bonus the pump is very quiet, it's always been noisy and I presume it may be connected with it touching the tank bottom, I wonder if this was the reason for the poor pressure? BTW still need a new tap for the kitchen as the micro switch seems to be intermittent, plus the chrome on the plastic is delaminating.
The supplying dealer told me the water pressure was normal, but clearly it wasn't.
So was the reason
A. Pump always not great
B. Fitted too close to the tank bottom
C. Non return valve faulty

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
A+B could be answered by reinstalling the old pump, if you could be @rsed, otherwise keep it as a spare and we'll await the answer in 7 years or sošŸ¤£.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back