Water not coming through to taps 🙈 (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
So, last weekend the water was happily coming out of the taps...5 days later I have arrived at a Motocross meeting for the weekend and no water!! Seriously, I give up...switch is on, tank full, that valve near boiler is in the up position! I can hear the pump but no water 🌊 🌨️ 🌊 💦
Any words of wisdom anyone!! Thanks 🙏 🙏

Aug 15, 2022
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
1 year and a bit
Is the impeller in the pump actually turning?
Suspect your pump is u/s

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Put a short length of pipe over a tap and open it . Suck up to get the water siphoning . Just to get rid coffee an air lock. Or try filling the shower hose and then dropping it down to draw water through.

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
If it’s a submersible pump, open a tap, put your hand in the tank and wave the pump around gently tapping it on the side of the tank. This sometimes wakes it up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
If it’s a submersible pump, open a tap, put your hand in the tank and wave the pump around gently tapping it on the side of the tank. This sometimes wakes it up.
Tried this...it doesn't seem to be working. It's making a noise like it's trying to pump water through but🤷🏽‍♀️

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
So, last weekend the water was happily coming out of the taps...5 days later I have arrived at a Motocross meeting for the weekend and no water!! Seriously, I give up...switch is on, tank full, that valve near boiler is in the up position! I can hear the pump but no water 🌊 🌨️ 🌊 💦
When the valve in my van is in the up position, it empties the tank. Are you sure your tank is full? 😎

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Noise and no water output = either no water or pump problem, i assume the later.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Have you tried sucking out the potential air lock?

Have you checked the pump isn't leaking due to an issue with the diaphragm or there isn't a leaking valve / pipe?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We had our boiler drain valve open unawares and it just empties the boiler only but doesn't drain the system. When the pump is on it runs continuously but no water from the taps. Just make sure your drain valves are closed.

Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Ok, this is just on the off-chance it might help!

We had a similar problem with our Hymer when we were away last year.

Our motorhome engineer remotely thought that it was likely the microswitch on the kitchen tap that was at fault.

So he suggested that we turned on the bathroom tap first just a little bit and then try the kitchen tap again - and it worked - somehow!! So it was good as a work around for the weekend. We then took it in to get the kitchen tap repaired.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hubby just reminded me that we had a similar problem with both taps and it turned out that the filter on the very ends of the twos was clogged solid. He unscrewed them, cleaned them and all ok after.

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Ok, this is just on the off-chance it might help!

We had a similar problem with our Hymer when we were away last year.

Our motorhome engineer remotely thought that it was likely the microswitch on the kitchen tap that was at fault.

So he suggested that we turned on the bathroom tap first just a little bit and then try the kitchen tap again - and it worked - somehow!! So it was good as a work around for the weekend. We then took it in to get the kitchen tap repaired.
Tried this... nope

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Have you tried sucking out the potential air lock?

Have you checked the pump isn't leaking due to an issue with the diaphragm or there isn't a leaking valve / pipe?
I have given up... Caravan Aid are coming back out on Monday to look at it .

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Update: Prem from Caravan Aid came out this afternoon...took the water pump out of the tank and it has a split in it! Time for a new water pump. He bypassed the pump and tried a different one and it worked so ordered a new one.
When it arrives he assures me that I have the capability to fit it myself!!😜
He talked me through how to do it and I am fairly confident that it will be another skill to add to my CV 😂

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Morning!! So Yodel have just delivered the new pump...it is bigger than the old one and says Reich twin pump.. please tell me that it's going to be right!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back