Water Leak on 2022 Adria Coral Supreme DL (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Hi, We are on our first Cross channel trip to France and have just noticed some water leakage (slow dripping) coming from 2 points under the motorhome underneath the boiler area – see pics

I have checked the frost tap and boiler areas inside the van and everything appears to be dry.

Has anyone any advice or ideas on this??

We have a 2022 Adria Coral Supreme DL.

Cheers Egg.
IMG_6228.jpg
IMG_6244.jpg
IMG_6244.jpgIMG_6228.jpg

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Check area above for failed push fittings
Are you getting the pump to kick in on its own every now and then? You

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Check the waste plumbing has also been pushed together properly.

I looked for a leak for ages on the water system and it turned out to be the waste.

OP
OP
E
Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Check the waste plumbing has also been pushed together properly.

I looked for a leak for ages on the water system and it turned out to be the waste.
I think it’s got to be the waste as the pumps not running when it shouldn’t be. Trouble is all the pipes are having hidden.

OP
OP
E
Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Check area above for failed push fittings
Are you getting the pump to kick in on its own every now and then? You
Pumps behaving.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I think it’s got to be the waste as the pumps not running when it shouldn’t be. Trouble is all the pipes are having hidden.
You have my sympathy. I found mine by dismantling some panels inside the toilet cassette.

Dry everything properly and sprinkle some talc around, it will show what direction the leak is from then.

OP
OP
E
Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
I’ll keep looking, it’s probably dripping about half a pint an hour - we have got the hot water on all the time as we are staying in Aires but I wouldn’t expect that much condensation. Have had drawers out seats up etc and everywhere I can get at without unscrewing panels is dry as a bone. It had its first habitation check on Monday ( and was fine before that?)
When we get home I suppose I’ll have to make the 120 mile trip to the dealers and let them sort it under warranty.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
The boiler should have an elbow valve with a small tube leading to the outside, these valves have been known to fail allowing water to escape. The valve allows air to escape from the boiler as it fills and should close when the water reaches the valve but sometimes they don’t shut properly and drip.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If it was condensation, or something that should flow, for safety, overflow, or excessive pressure it would have a pipe, not just run through the body work.

OP
OP
E
Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
The drip isn’t coming from the boiler overflow pipe so I don’t think it’s the valve. It’s just appearing under the boiler area?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
The drip isn’t coming from the boiler overflow pipe so I don’t think it’s the valve. It’s just appearing under the boiler area?
Is the pipe properly attached and undamaged.

OP
OP
E
Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
IMG_6245.jpeg

I reckon so it’s sticking out of the bottom covered in sealant 10 inches away from the drip.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
1/2 a pint an hour is enough to hear the pump kicking in regularly if it was a leak on the pressurised side of the pump. If it was the frost valve or pressure relief valve passing water it would activate the pump and drip out of a short pipe. The Adrias have a double floor so the leak could be anywhere and finding it's way out elsewhere. I had a leak from a shower feed pipe fitting that found it's way out via the gas locker. There have been many failed shower traps on Adrias can you see or feel around under the shower tray? Removing kitchen drawers on mine gives access.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
As IRHP above has said, with that amount 1/2 pint an hour, and the pump not randomly kicking in, it’s got to be on the waste side of things, that’s assuming you don’t have a leak from the cold water tank itself.
Have you checked that the short section of flexible hose from the bottom of both sinks is secure where they enter the solid plastic down pipes.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
That looks like a drip on the end of that pipe dangling down that pipe will be attached to either the air admittence elbow or the pressure relief valve above on the heater one of them is passing

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
It doesn’t have to be on the waste side, because pump isn’t kicking in. It could be the supply to the pump. Do you have a filter before the pump? Can you see crack in the clear bowl?

Slide kitchen roll under things, such as the boiler and check they are dry when you slide them out.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The pump will only kick-in if it's a pressurised system with a Shurflo pump..

A submersible pump wont kick in with pressure drop... it only starts when the tap with a micro-switch is operated.. so a leak wont start the pump ..

Do you know what type of pump you have ?

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Empty waste, pour in a couple of 2L bottles of cheap coke (does no harm, will till bacteria and clean tank lol) - then you will know if the drip is waste or not (eventually - overnight?)

If you put tap on slow, does pump stay on (e.g. submersible) or pulse (pressure switch). If the former then pump on/off will have no clue towards issue - only the pressure pump will. In which case, turn pump off overnight and see if it re-pressurises in the morning - if so, a leak on fresh. If not, then not. (Ours will hold pressure for weeks). You should be able to "see" the pump somewhere too if you follow the noise. If its really quiet and you can't find it, indicative of the pump being submersed.

Normally, nothing wrong with push fits if installed correctly and ideally with pipe inserts - but most save money without pipe inserts, and who knows if they are cut square, damaged/scratched or put in fully each time? I know when we did ours we were pedenatic and marked each pipe before inserting.

Blue roll is more of a "tell tale" than kitchen role (IME)

As above, could be pre-pump - and you will (should) have a filter. Pre pump fittings are hand tight so can come loose, and the filters are prone to fail as no one empties them before frost so they crack and leak. So check and leave blue roll.

Also finally, our transit had a water drip for many months that I could not locate, and eventually found an internal drainage channel inside the wheelarch was gunked up from factory (Ford) - and had to drill hole in wheel arch to clear blockage (and fix later) - maybe 5L of water in there!!!!! (nothing to do with conversion). But drove me mad for ages!

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Probably the red vent valve , top side of boiler not sealing properly and allowing water to flow out through the vent tube.

A common fault .. easy to replace the red vent valve .

The vent valve opens to allow air into the top of the boiler when you drain down - to prevent a vacuum slowing the drain down. When you refill the valve should close ..perhaps obstructed by bits yours is not sealing .. so water is exiting out the air inlet tube.

There are quite a few posts describing this fault

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
If it is on the boiler side it could be one of the two waste elbows in the shower. Our Adria always sat a bit nose-down and that would send the water towards the boiler area. I know this because we had one go. It was a right swine to sort out too.

Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
we have got the hot water on all the time as we are staying in Aires
Turn the hot water off. It is amazing how easy it is to live just using a kettle.

Do not use the shower.

Now look for leak

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back