Yorkydave

Free Member
Jul 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2011
Anyone been through the Vrsic pass in a Motorhome. We are currently in Bled looking for the shortest way back to Italy and venice

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That's the road of a 100 hairpins (they only count the really tight ones) leading to the Soca valley. There is an Aire at the bottom by the cable car station. Good road no problem at all in a Motorhome.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
That's the road of a 100 hairpins (they only count the really tight ones) leading to the Soca valley. There is an Aire at the bottom by the cable car station. Good road no problem at all in a Motorhome.
I’ve been over there a few times on the bike, and I don’t think there’s 100 hairpins between the vrsic and the wurzenpass combined, but I’m down there again first week in sept and I’m gonna count em!!?
The wurzenpass is the one that’s cobbled on the corners and tarmac on the straight bits, which is absolutely if no interest whatsoever unless you’re on a bike in the rain??
The only dodgy bits on either pass is coaches coming the other way, two coaches had the pass blocked last time I was there?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’ve been over there a few times on the bike, and I don’t think there’s 100 hairpins between the vrsic and the wurzenpass combined, but I’m down there again first week in sept and I’m gonna count em!!?
I think the pass it is only 50 but over a 100 over the full length of the Soca valley hence called the road of a 100 hairpins.

Some good pics here.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I think the pass it is only 50 but over a 100 over the full length of the Soca valley hence called the road of a 100 hairpins.

Some good pics here.
Ahhh I can see where you’re coming from now, that’s perfectly feasible!! Very nice motoring non the less??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
The wurzenpass is the one that’s cobbled on the corners and tarmac on the straight bits, which is absolutely if no interest whatsoever unless you’re on a bike in the rain??

They have the same thing on some Czech roads, I guess to stop the multi-axle trailers on lorries from ripping the tarmac up as they scrub round those tight bends. The first one I came across on the bike was an "interesting" discovery - bad enough in the dry, let alone the wet!
:oops:

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
May be shortest route but its slow
Scenic most of the way but the bends start to get monotonous
Done in a car rather than camper

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Peeing down and road level cloud on the middle third today. Should have left it out and been satisfied with my sun drenched memory of the crossing we last made in 2013.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
The only dodgy bits on either pass is coaches coming the other way, two coaches had the pass blocked last time I was there?
Well it seems I was talking ollox back in 2019!!
It’s the vrsic pass that’s got the cobbles on the corners and the wurzenpass has the shocking road surface🤷‍♂️🙄🙄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back