Vet recommendation for Burgos? (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
We'll be spending two or three days in Burgos before our return journey home from Santander. It would be ideal to see a vet there for our dog's obligatory examination, worming tablet and passport stamp.

Can anyone recommend a vet in Burgos to do this please, preferably English-speaking.

Thanks

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Can’t help with a direct recommendation but being a tourist city, I would imagine a reasonable proportion of vets will be part English speaking.

I always either google local ones and pop in for an appt, or just phone and ask….

OP
OP
offagen
May 10, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
I should have explained that we already have a list of the Burgos vets but we were looking for any feedback, good or not so good, from members who have used any of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Administering a worming tablet and filling in the AHC or passport is kind of ‘Janet and John’ veterinarian activity, so I would just pick one and pop in when you arrive, make an appt and get it done.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
May be too late now but we used Prada Clinic last week. 19 euros for health check and stamp and worming and stamp. English spoken but parking in area tricky on a Saturday when everyone home. We had to drive around the roads a bit so we were glad we were early.
We were going to stay on nearby aire but apparently you cannot on market day Saturday, so we stayed at our first choice anyway, Haro.

OP
OP
offagen
May 10, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
Thanks Riverbankannie. We did find a vet, Gamonal, in Burgos who we visited on 5th April. They were OK and only charged €15. The vet did raise an eyebrow on seeing our EU pet passport, telling us we should not have been given it, but she then happily completed the passport entries AND our AHC for good measure. We only needed the pet passport when checking in at Santander for the ferry home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Administering a worming tablet and filling in the AHC or passport is kind of ‘Janet and John’ veterinarian activity, so I would just pick one and pop in when you arrive, make an appt and get it done.
You would think so wouldn’t you but I read of someone who took dog to a French vet. The dog was unwilling to take the tablet so the vet put the tablet in and clamped the dogs jaw shut so tightly it dislocated and caused a fracture …

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back