Very expensive Newbury show!! (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Consort Oslo ordered. We left early, first ones in the car park and first ones at the Consort stand. Bought the last 6.4 metre Fiat auto in the factory!!

We were on a mission . We’d done our homework so would have been gutted if it had gone!!Very excited indeed. Have saved money by buying toilet chemicals(yes I know but my man who deals with such matters likes them) and some end of line white Corelli for £10!

Just as well Claire and Alex want a small wedding

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Consort Oslo ordered. We left early, first ones in the car park and first ones at the Consort stand. Bought the last 6.4 metre Fiat auto in the factory!!

We were on a mission . We’d done our homework so would have been gutted if it had gone!!Very excited indeed. Have saved money by buying toilet chemicals(yes I know but my man who deals with such matters likes them) and some end of line white Corelli for £10!

I am glad you got what you wanted carolyn.

Did they throw in the T-shirt?

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Consort used to be vantage and that’s what I wanted when martin first mooted the idea of motorhoming.
Scott and his wife were very helpful. We didn’t buy one in the end as there was a 10 month wait for an auto (10 years ago).

Huge congrats Carolyn a new van is so exciting and they make beautiful interiors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC

Awesome! Did you ask lots of questions about the electrics ?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Congratulations Carolyn. You knew what you wanted, and you went for it!

Now I have to go onto the website and look for it.

A new van, a wedding, what could be next …. 🤔 xx

Reactions: Les
OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Congratulations Carolyn. You knew what you wanted, and you went for it!

Now I have to go onto the website and look for it.

Well it won’t be me having a baby Geraldine!
Nice one, when do you think you will get it?
The van is there so they are going to start on it next week. Scott reckons end of July beginning of Aug. We had said no rush as we go on a 2 month tour on 24th August with GB motorhome tours which is fixed but he’s determined we sell our IH in the Summer when we’ll get more money for it.

Obviously we think that will be very lovely indeed!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Following the recent "travelling companion" threads it may very well be ....................

1715963173317.png

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IH, Consort, Vantage fairly close cousins in my book. I certainly would look at Consort if we were in the running but I’m an if it ain’t broke don’t fix it sort of person and prefer to stick with the old than venture into the new.
However, looks lovely carolyn and wish you and Nick lots of lovely travels in it.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988

The FIAT 9 speed automatic gearbox is fantastic.

Good buy!👍

Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
Something to think about....Fiat extended warranty!

If you want to extend your standard 2 year Fiat warranty to 5 years then Consort can do it for you.

We went for it for peace of mind.

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Something to think about....Fiat extended warranty!

If you want to extend your standard 2 year Fiat warranty to 5 years then Consort can do it for you.

We went for it for peace of mind.
Yes we’ve discussed that with them already. It’s good that they can do it. So convenient. Thanks though. It’s about £850. We didn’t know about it until a week too late with our last van!

Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
Out of interest, why the Oslo over the Reef XL ? The larger fridge ? Or the extra wardrobe space ?

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Out of interest, why the Oslo over the Reef XL ? The larger fridge ? Or the extra wardrobe space ?
We are having the 90L fridge option plus extra wardrobe like in the reef but we love the Oslo kitchen. Don’t like the Reef Xl boot. For us it would be pointless as those wouldn’t be the sort of bikes we’d ride.

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Carolyn, followed a Consort Oslo through Yeovil yesterday and thought bloody hell Carolyn bought one all ready
😂😂
I think I know who that is, she used to be a Radiographer at the Yeatman hospital (the cottage hospital in Sherborne) and also Yeovil District Hospital when I was first a GP in the 80’s.

I hadn’t seen her in decades but she and her husband were on a motorhome tour with us about 3 years ago! They were just waiting to trade their Vantage Neo in .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back