Uprating payload (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
It has been suggested to me that I should uprate the payload on my motorhome as there have been more frequent checks particularly in France since we left the EU. I already have a user payload of 410k, has anyone else done this and any opinions as to whether its worth it?

Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
If you search the forum, you'll find its a common thing to do.

Best advice is to put your motorhome on a weighbridge first - ideally in fully loaded trim - so you know where you're starting from.

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Uprating is the proverbial piece of wee wee as long as you have C1.
You would need to contact a company like svtech and pay them some money.
More to the point is how much payload you think you have and how much you actually have, have you ever weighed your motorhome ?
If not do so with it loaded. It may be that you are carrying more than an uprate would cover if you can only go to 3850 and think you have 410kgs (giving you a total of 760 kgs presuming you are at 3500) Then you would need to think about your axles.

More frequent checks in France ????? I havent heard of that recently

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Generally payloads quoted are nonsense so you may have less than the 410kg. Put the van on a weighbridge before you do anything else, front and rear axel weights. You will need this if you go down the route of up plating anyway.

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
With the size of garage on your moho unless you are already on a Maxi chassis you'll need to spend some money on mechanical bits to increase the rear axle permitted weight. Air bags, wheels, tyres etc may need to be changed to get any decent increase in usable payload. The cheap paper exercise to uprate to the total axle weights isn't really much use on a moho with a large garage and long rear overhang.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back