Upgrading to Lithium: New Charger Installation Order? (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
T5
Hello all.
I've got the typical Cbe setup in my T5 (d300, p180 and the 512 charger)
I'm upgrading to Lithium and have bought the 40a Renolgy dc charger. My knowledge of electrics is fairly basic. Do I install it before the power goes into the d300 or after? I assumed after (as per my basic diagram) but wanted to confirmation of this.
(I'm aware of the R37 resistor etc)
Many thanks in advance
Rich
1000050738.jpg

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
In that case, the answer to your Question "Do I install it before the power goes into the d300 or after? " is
Neither.

The B2B goes from the starter battery to the leisure battery ignoring the distribution unit. But with fuses.

If the D300 has a split charge relay then you will need to disable it.

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
You will also need to change the settings to Lithium on both chargers (and Solar if you have it)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
Hello all.
I've got the typical Cbe setup in my T5 (d300, p180 and the 512 charger)
I'm upgrading to Lithium and have bought the 40a Renolgy dc charger. My knowledge of electrics is fairly basic. Do I install it before the power goes into the d300 or after? I assumed after (as per my basic diagram) but wanted to confirmation of this.
(I'm aware of the R37 resistor etc)
Many thanks in advance
RichView attachment 887562
I too have a CBE setup, though a different one to you.

Mine was wired similarly to your diagram, in that the B2B was connected via the split charge relay. If you google the instructions for the Votronic 30A B2B, you'll find a possible wiring diagram (diagram 4 from memory?).

If your board has the ability to isolate the split charge relay (cut R37? R73?), I would strongly suggest that you do so, and wire the B2B directly between the two batteries. Remember to put a suitable fuse on any wire that could possibly chafe - a short to negative/chassis could easily cause a fire. It's best to put the B2B near the leisure battery, so fuse as close as possible to the starter battery and leisure battery.

Your diagram doesn't include the D+ feed. I found one on the CBE fuseboard.

Your diagram also doesn't show the feed to the fridge. Ideally you want this on the output of the B2B (ie. essentially connected to the leisure battery). And again, it will need a reliable D+ feed.

Having cut the resistor, I was able to make my various connections to the studs on the CBE board. You may well be able to do similar.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back