Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
In spite of having a rat & mouse killer in the van, years ago, (JRT) we had mice, they had come up a cable hole in the firewall, luckily just visiting.
That was an easy fix we sealed the hole!
One time we had a rat in the engine bay. We put Peppermint oil in there on discs of foil. We used the peppermint oil thats sold for cake making! It worked!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I was under the impression that rats and mice will not live close to each other, possibly because the rats would kill the mice. Am I wrong on that ?
The rat catcher who came to my garden recently said it was a myth.

She also said to take the poison out of the garage I had left for ratty as it was a food source

It surprised me

Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
20+ years. Previously Hymer B654 and Hymer S660 both c/w tow-bars.
Well, mice or rats, for me they are the same, as I am not their fan.

I prefer not to interact with them at all, this is why I got this spray, and it works!

Try their ultrasonic devices..one of my friends is using them and told me they haven't noticed any mice/rats since then.
Don’t work! Useless for moles too…. We have roughly an acre in our paddock that’s unsafe for horses as it’s riddled with molehills! Last count was around 250…😠
I’ve had over 20 ultrasonics in a long line across the field. They appeared to work for a while but they get used to them and just ignore them.
Second hand motor oil seems to do the job but I can’t get enough of it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Don’t work! Useless for moles too…. We have roughly an acre in our paddock that’s unsafe for horses as it’s riddled with molehills! Last count was around 250…😠
I’ve had over 20 ultrasonics in a long line across the field. They appeared to work for a while but they get used to them and just ignore them.
Second hand motor oil seems to do the job but I can’t get enough of it!
What's the oil hack? We suffer with moles too

Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
20+ years. Previously Hymer B654 and Hymer S660 both c/w tow-bars.
What's the oil hack? We suffer with moles too
Last year, after trying pretty much everything else, I poured some old tractor oil down the mole holes…. It cleared the area, temporarily! I’d heard they don’t like the smell, or getting sticky feet….

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back