Reusable Country Code Stickers for Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Good morning all. Last year I borrowed a UK sticker from a mate. Hang on before you start slating me for being a tight arse hear me out :giggle: the sticker he lent me has no adhesive you dip it in water and squeegee it onto the back of the MH. When finished with simply peel it off job done. It can be reused on multiple occasions what a brilliant idea. Or so I thought can I find them on the net not a chance. There are cling versions but for windows only. Do you know where I can purchase them from ? Cheers :cool:

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Sorry PEDANT mode: Unless your registration plate is on the back of a warship....it's the Union FLAG.

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I would say its normal international law to display your nationality on your car, its just that we have left EU and also changed from GB to UK.
It’s all nonsense my numberplate still has the EU with stars, I’m not buying another plate to appease sillyness.

I have a GB sticker which would have been fine until silliness happened and had to buy a U.K. one…. Then promptly forgot I had it and brought a 2nd

These now live on the side of the fridge and get transferred to the MoHo.

So I can now appease everyone EU, UK and GB 😎

IMG_6739.jpeg

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
It’s all nonsense my numberplate still has the EU with stars, I’m not buying another plate to appease sillyness.

I have a GB sticker which would have been fine until silliness happened and had to buy a U.K. one…. Then promptly forgot I had it and brought a 2nd

These now live on the side of the fridge and get transferred to the MoHo.

So I can now appease everyone EU, UK and GB 😎

View attachment 894217

We Common Market members also want appeasing! 😄
It's the only thing I voted for! 😡

Upvote 0

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Sorry, Ultra-pedant mode, a Jack is flown at the Bows of a ship.
I know you have been corrected. We'll sort of.
The union flag, or Jack (as stated already, interchangeable name for it since 1908) is a land flag. A merchant ship, private yacht etc registered in the UK must, under international law, fly its national flag at it's senior (most important) position, at the rear, or stern when at sea and in international waters. That national flag for the UK is the red ensign (red flag with a union flag in the top left quarter). Or a red ensign defaced in the bottom right quarter only when granted a warrant to do so. That might also be a similarly defaced blue ensign (warranted clubs mostly, including me). Defaced means a club log or similar.
The Royal Navy fly a white ensign, again, at the rear. If being displayed in port, I have seen union flags flying on them as well
The only time a union flag/Jack should be flown in a moving boat is, I think, when the King is on board.
Many smaller boats are not registered, so fly anything or nothing in all sorts of places. From a scull & crossbones to a union flag. Nobody will care very much if in local waters.
The UK is, I think, the only country in the world who fly a different flag on sea going boats than our national flag. Though I might be wrong.
Sorry to go back off topic. I use a magnetic UK badge on my van for Spain. my number plates are now union flag and UK marked. You can buy the larger UK stickers or Mag' badges off Amazon or from Halfords etc.

Upvote 0

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
I would say its normal international law to display your nationality on your car, its just that we have left EU and also changed from GB to UK.
The change is unrelated to us leaving the eu. It was considered by the UK government that GB didn't include Northern Ireland, so applied to whatever body controls world country identifiers to change it to UK.
Nobody here or abroad I've spoken to really gets it though!
And remember, the EU doesn't have an identifier as it's not a country. It's a political grouping of countries.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
The change is unrelated to us leaving the eu. It was considered by the UK government that GB didn't include Northern Ireland, so applied to whatever body controls world country identifiers to change it to UK.
Nobody here or abroad I've spoken to really gets it though!
And remember, the EU doesn't have an identifier as it's not a country. It's a political grouping of countries.
Now we have left the EU you cannot have just the EU logo on the number plate any more so it is to do with that, you can however like I've done get a replacement UK sticker with Union flag on to replace it.😉

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Well people I have learnt loads with all your replies thank you for your input.

After all your replies going back to the original question no one knows where you can get these UK adhesive free stickers from 🧐. From what I have read on your replies as we are not going to Spain on this trip we don’t need it. I have a couple in our spares box 😎

Upvote 0

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Now we have left the EU you cannot have just the EU logo on the number plate any more so it is to do with that, you can however like I've done get a replacement UK sticker with Union flag on to replace it.😉
Yes. The circle of stars is replaced by our flag. But I was referring to the GB to UK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
We had new number plates with the Union Jack and UK identifier. They weren't expensive. We also hate stickers!!
So do we, I don't like stickers that advertise the company I bought vehicles from,and inform sellers not to fit them, excellent on number plates, which I think that's mandatory for seller of vehicle or number plates

Upvote 0

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
No. I searched for non adhesive UK car badges and did not find any. I expect others did the same.

Upvote 0
Jul 10, 2023
Funster No
MH
Hymer M-LT
Good morning all. Last year I borrowed a UK sticker from a mate. Hang on before you start slating me for being a tight arse hear me out :giggle: the sticker he lent me has no adhesive you dip it in water and squeegee it onto the back of the MH. When finished with simply peel it off job done. It can be reused on multiple occasions what a brilliant idea. Or so I thought can I find them on the net not a chance. There are cling versions but for windows only. Do you know where I can purchase them from ? Cheers :cool:

• 🇬🇧【2 oval electrostatic UK car stickers】Perfect for car windows, no imprint, no fade, and last a long time. Tear off the UK sticker and stick it to the car window that is wiped with a wet cloth, and then remove the bubbles evenly. The oval UK sticker will be stuck to your car window firmly.
  • 🇬🇧【2 oval UK Self-adhesive car stickers】For non-metallic car bodies, These oval UK stickers are more suitable than magnetic plates. Just tear off the UK sticker from the back paper and stick it to the clean smooth surface. It will last on that a long time.

Upvote 0

Fiddler

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 30, 2023
Staffordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285
Exp
Since 2010, caravans before that(1978)
Hi all

Apologies if I've missed this response, but can you not ask your mate where he sourced the sticker he lent you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry PEDANT mode: Unless your registration plate is on the back of a warship....it's the Union FLAG.

Sorry to out-PEDANT you but even on one of HM Ships the Union Flag would not be flown at the stern (not 'back').. It would be flown as the Union Jack from the Jack Staff, which is mounted on the bow (front to you) of the ship.

Upvote 0

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's

• 🇬🇧【2 oval electrostatic UK car stickers】Perfect for car windows, no imprint, no fade, and last a long time. Tear off the UK sticker and stick it to the car window that is wiped with a wet cloth, and then remove the bubbles evenly. The oval UK sticker will be stuck to your car window firmly.
  • 🇬🇧【2 oval UK Self-adhesive car stickers】For non-metallic car bodies, These oval UK stickers are more suitable than magnetic plates. Just tear off the UK sticker from the back paper and stick it to the clean smooth surface. It will last on that a long time.
We'll found. I looked on Amazon and missed them

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer

Good morning Simon i ordered them they arrived last night. The 2 electrostatic ones are for windows only but thanks for your input. Cheers (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back