Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all,
I'm thinking of going down the 12v tv route and ditching my existence tv run off an inverter.
Lazyboy has one for sale in classified that looks good, but I have a query regarding the inbuilt satellite tuner.
ATM I use a oyster 1 system with Jackson's upgrade to get astra 2. Signal goes to a Pace Javelin 100 tuner.
Will this allow me to get rid of the pace and connect the oyster to the Alphatronic DVB-S2 tuner ?
This is an extract from the Alphatronic website . . . .
All models in the SL-Line+ are equipped as standard with the new alphatronics triple tuner. This consists of a DVB-S2 tuner, DVB-T2 HD tuner and DVB-C tuner. Thanks to the DVB-S2 tuner, you can connect your satellite system directly to the TV and receive digital TV and radio programmes without an additional receiver.

The reason for asking is I'm wondering if my sat signal is analogue rather than digital ?
TIA

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
The pace javelin is as you know your sat tuner.
If the tv is already fitted with a tuner then it’s a connection strait to the F connector on the tv.

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
The pace javelin is as you know your sat tuner.
If the tv is already fitted with a tuner then it’s a connection strait to the F connector on the tv.
Yes it has a DVB S2 tuner, I just wasn't sure if the signal from my museum piece oyster would be compatible, but as you say it should just connect to the F input.
It'd be useful to get rid of the pace but I find the sat system useful when there's no 4g.
Thanks

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I have a free standing sat that I use directly to the tv for when mobile data is low or not good.
I did have a javelin box.

You know they sell for £80 to £100 as they are scarce.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back