TV Aerial (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
Our MH is currently in having some snagging items done and tracker fitted.
We were going to have an aerial fitted while it was in to save on data useage but the aerial they were fitting they said they cannot fit as it will not fit in the cupboard. The alternative they have offered is a Maxview Gazelle Pro, but they said the signal is not great. Am I wasting my money, what do most people do? We are not big TV watchers but we do intend to be away for longer periods so nice to have something available. I gave up trying to stream sky to watch formula one just doesn't load so any tips on that too would be great!

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
When we can't use satellite we bought a cheapie indoor one from amazon £13, it works amazingly well, we have never failed to get a signal:

High Gain Freeview TV Aerial -August DTA240 - HD Portable Indoor/Outdoor Digital HD Antenna for USB TV Tuner / DVB-T Television / DAB Radio / SD / 4K - With Magnetic Base [Black] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007JPOX8O/?tag=mhf04-21

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
When we can't use satellite we bought a cheapie indoor one from amazon £13, it works amazingly well, we have never failed to get a signal:

High Gain Freeview TV Aerial -August DTA240 - HD Portable Indoor/Outdoor Digital HD Antenna for USB TV Tuner / DVB-T Television / DAB Radio / SD / 4K - With Magnetic Base [Black] Amazon product ASIN B007JPOX8O

I bought a similar one from Amazon, Model DVB-66B which has a 12v amplifier, and sited it inside a high level cupboard in the rear of the MoHo. It also works surprisingly well, although I have put it on a flat piece of tin to give a bit of a ground plane effect.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
I bought a similar one from Amazon, Model DVB-66B which has a 12v amplifier, and sited it inside a high level cupboard in the rear of the MoHo. It also works surprisingly well, although I have put it on a flat piece of tin to give a bit of a ground plane effect.
Logically they just shouldn't work but they just do.
Last week in Bradford on Avon we just hung it horizontally around the doorframe and got a perfect signal.

OP
OP
Z
Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!

High Gain Freeview TV Aerial -August DTA240 - HD Portable Indoor/Outdoor Digital HD Antenna for USB TV Tuner / DVB-T Television / DAB Radio / SD / 4K - With Magnetic Base [Black] Amazon product ASIN B007JPOX8O
That is fantastic thank you, much better than paying £275 for something that may not work! Did you have satellite retro fitted? It might be something we invest in later but want to see how we get on first, the price they quoted scared me lol!

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
That is fantastic thank you, much better than paying £275 for something that may not work! Did you have satellite retro fitted? It might be something we invest in later but want to see how we get on first, the price they quoted scared me lol!
The satellite was fitted when we bought the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back