Truma E89H Error - Fixed!! (1 Viewer)

Jul 8, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 684
Exp
Since 2018
Just pitched up at Betws y Coed and found I have no heating or hot water. Truma display says error E89H. A quick Google shows this is not uncommon. The official Truma explanation is a fault in the PCB (printed circuit board) or the heating unit itself. Further investigation on the forum and elsewhere suggests the problem can be a fan on the heater getting stuck. Various suggestions regarding tapping the fan unit to free it or unplugging the electrics and re-attaching them can be found. AND IT WORKED!!

I removed a cover from the side of the heater and discovered a small fan covered in dust and not moving. I twizzled the fan around a few times with my finger and it burst into life. Everything now works! I have attached photos of the fan cover, the heater unit with the exposed fan circled in white and the model number of the Truma heater, which is CBE UK603-27307139.

I hope this may help other motorhomers.

20240407_103507.jpg

20240407_105642.jpg

20240407_111152.jpg

Apr 21, 2015
Spalding, uk
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
Newbie!!
We are currently having the same problem, having had the panel replaced.
We are waiting for the engineer to return.

Will update later

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Just pitched up at Betws y Coed and found I have no heating or hot water. Truma display says error E89H. A quick Google shows this is not uncommon. The official Truma explanation is a fault in the PCB (printed circuit board) or the heating unit itself. Further investigation on the forum and elsewhere suggests the problem can be a fan on the heater getting stuck. Various suggestions regarding tapping the fan unit to free it or unplugging the electrics and re-attaching them can be found. AND IT WORKED!!

I removed a cover from the side of the heater and discovered a small fan covered in dust and not moving. I twizzled the fan around a few times with my finger and it burst into life. Everything now works! I have attached photos of the fan cover, the heater unit with the exposed fan circled in white and the model number of the Truma heater, which is CBE UK603-27307139.

View attachment 883317

View attachment 883318

View attachment 883319
Does the cover just pull upwards or is it screwed on?

Apr 21, 2015
Spalding, uk
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
Newbie!!
We are now sorted.
We cleaned the fans which were indeed completely cover in dirt/fluff.
The replaced Truma control panel rotating knob had been pushed in too far, would you believe, but is now working on both gas and electric, thank goodness.

Thank you to TheBows for putting your original post on…

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Does the cover just pull upwards or is it screwed on?
jezport Did mine yesterday. Certainly on mine there are no screws, the plate slides upwards and outwards.The bottom of the plate has two locator tabs on it. Mine was somewhat [ E6] to remove the plate as it's in a hard to reach closet, and faces outwards with only about 100mm of working space. Additionally, the exhaust/inlet pipe is running just above the top of the plate and has to be gently eased to one side. It can be removed,but I preferred not to disturb it. Mine wasn't particularly dusty, and the fan was spinning freely, so just a gentle dust off of the fan and board, along with cranked paint brush to reach the main distribution fan.
About 30mins altogether.
Mike.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Maybe take a damp cloth over your boiler to keep the dust down . Good helpful info , Thankyou.

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007

View attachment 883317

View attachment 883318

View attachment 883319
Thanks TheBows. Good to have a proper explanation. I had the same error last year. Turned everything off and went for a walk before tackling the problem - turned it back on and everything was fine!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back