Free Member
Jan 25, 2023
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach760se
Exp
Since 2018
Hi all, I would like to swap out the current analogue control for an iNet compatible digital CP. I have a 2012 Bailey 760 se and a few years back had the Truma aircon fitted which is iNet ready. For easy of use, (plus I hate the analogue dials as I can never remember how it works) I would like to replace the old system and have been looking for any videos showing the process without much luck. I found some info that states iNet CP can only be fitted to Truma systems from 2013 but it mentioned that the boiler had to have a black PCB cover which mine has.
Has anyone on this forum tried a similar upgrade on a 760se or Truma combi 4e\6e? Or, alternatively does anyone have a guide\ best practise check list or any infomartion that could help.

Many thanks,
Paul

iNet CP.jpeg truma analo.jpg

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You just need to check the number on the PCB to see if it is compatible.
I did it on my last van, just a case of cutting the hole the right size and running a permanent 12v feed to it new controller. No need to change the data cable.
You mentioned iNet did you know that it has been discontinued?

OP
OP
P

Pablohoney32

Free Member
Jan 25, 2023
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach760se
Exp
Since 2018
You just need to check the number on the PCB to see if it is compatible.
I did it on my last van, just a case of cutting the hole the right size and running a permanent 12v feed to it new controller. No need to change the data cable.
You mentioned iNet did you know that it has been discontinued?
Thanks Lenny, I did not know that! Odd reason though, you would think using Apps was the modern way forward. Just seen Truma's statement.
"The worldwide demand for electronic components is outstripping market availability, which in turn is forcing us to choose on which products we should use the components which are available to us. Please accept our apologies for this situation but please trust that we had no other option available to us at this time".

OP
OP
P

Pablohoney32

Free Member
Jan 25, 2023
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach760se
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks Lenny, I did not know that! Odd reason though, you would think using Apps was the modern way forward. Just seen Truma's statement.
"The worldwide demand for electronic components is outstripping market availability, which in turn is forcing us to choose on which products we should use the components which are available to us. Please accept our apologies for this situation but please trust that we had no other option available to us at this time".
Down the rabbit hole we go!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I can’t help with compatibility but I changed the Truma CP Plus controller that came with my Adria from the factory for the new Truma iNet X panel that replaces the original iNet system. Other than enlarging the cutout to take the new unit it’s a plug and play installation. It connects to the Truma app by Bluetooth and also links to and controls other Truma appliances and sensors (the Aventa aircon in our van). It is allegedly ‘future proofed’ for additional updates - hopefully wireless remote connectivity.

BTW the original CP Plus controller is up for sale ‘as new’ in the Classifieds

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I can’t help with compatibility but I changed the Truma CP Plus controller that came with my Adria from the factory for the new Truma iNet X panel that replaces the original iNet system. Other than enlarging the cutout to take the new unit it’s a plug and play installation. It connects to the Truma app by Bluetooth and also links to and controls other Truma appliances and sensors (the Aventa aircon in our van). It is allegedly ‘future proofed’ for additional updates - hopefully wireless remote connectivity.

BTW the original CP Plus controller is up for sale ‘as new’ in the Classifieds
Does the new system still use Sim cards for remote access?

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Does the new system still use Sim cards for remote access?

No, at the moment it’s purely a Bluetooth based connection to the app. The blurb from Truma states this though:

• Connection via Bluetooth: the connection is currently via Bluetooth. In future, remote control will also be possible.
So presumably it’s already configured for wireless connectivity?

I have to say that even without the linked app the on-screen user interface is 100% better than inputting and viewing via the previous controller.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
No, at the moment it’s purely a Bluetooth based connection to the app. The blurb from Truma states this though:

• Connection via Bluetooth: the connection is currently via Bluetooth. In future, remote control will also be possible.
So presumably it’s already configured for wireless connectivity?

I have to say that even without the linked app the on-screen user interface is 100% better than inputting and viewing via the previous controller.
I am still using inet I don't use the CP plus panel mainly use Bluetooth to control same as you with the app, but the main reason I went the inet route was for remote access. Think truma jumped the gun a bit early with the inet x expecting everyone to switch 2G off making the inet remote access impossible but to date only Switzerland have done. Other countries are now choosing to turn 3G off and keep 2G because of the amount of equipment that use 2G.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back