Travel insurance with cancer diagnosis (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
But that is what insurance is for, isn't it? To cover the unexpected and unplanned. It does suck, but then I'm in the same situation re blood pressure needs plus.

My issue is due to my cancer being mid treatment and still awaiting the radio therapy , so they won’t cover the prostate or cancer which I get

But they also and only because the cancer treatment is incomplete have a blanket ban on cover for anything pre-existing , well controlled BP in my case, but they will cover me for both risks post RT, so I don’t understand the no cover for the totally unrelated BP issues

But it’s their game, their rules, I have to decide go uninsured for most risks or stay at home till cancer treatment complete , I picked the latter

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
When I got a “high PSA” letter I rang UK Insurance (Nationwide FlexPlus account) and was told that it didn’t affect any holidays planned and booked prior to the letter. However it might affect any new bookings so I would need to update them as information becomes available.

Gordon

Oct 27, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
2021 Carado V132 LHD
Exp
since 2005
I'm over 70, have ITP, a smouldering Myeloma, mitral valve regurgitation in the heart and mild cirrhosis.
I have an annual policy with Travel Insurance 4 Medical, multi-trip, each up to 60 days, whole world except Americas,
cost £1300. Includes healthy wife. Reasonable IMO.

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Had a similar experience to Rapido925M , Nationwide (uki) covered existing booked holidays pre and post treatment at no cost, for new holidays I payed an excess of about £70 for full cover. That was with radiation treatment, brachytherapy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 3, 2023
Buckingham, UK
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter CR35 LWB
Exp
Several years under the belt....
For our current 4 month trip to Morocco, I spent a lot of time looking for travel insurance. I have had Head and Neck cancer over 5 years ago and currently suffer low grade prostate cancer and skin cancer. I declared all of these and in the end, after about 25 quotes and non quotes, Comfort Insurance came out best for my wife and I.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
For our current 4 month trip to Morocco, I spent a lot of time looking for travel insurance. I have had Head and Neck cancer over 5 years ago and currently suffer low grade prostate cancer and skin cancer. I declared all of these and in the end, after about 25 quotes and non quotes, Comfort Insurance came out best for my wife and I.

But as I understand it, Comfort do not provide insurance cover for Morocco, at least they definitely stopped providing Motorhome insurance for Maroc quite a few years ago.....just saying.

Oct 3, 2023
Buckingham, UK
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter CR35 LWB
Exp
Several years under the belt....
But as I understand it, Comfort do not provide insurance cover for Morocco, at least they definitely stopped providing Motorhome insurance for Maroc quite a few years ago.....just saying.
Hmm..no..see my redacted insurance cert attached

Screenshot_20240522-151217.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Insurancewith Logo
have just insured me for a 2 week holiday to Greece- single trip only as I am just off chemo and [oh joy] it gave me blood clots which I am still taking tablets for .. Very comprehensive form to fill in - slightly confusing as it lists each condition then asks specifics about that , had to remove answers re clots from the 'cancer' heading then re enter 'blood clots' as seperate. But good cover- less than half price of other sites I had tried, tho didn't see some of the others mentioned on here .
Also as a bonus [after cancelling Staysure as they were atrocious ! Charged us x 2 wouldn't refund but that's another story] Now have skiing included in single person annual insurance for Sarah, previously always had couples annual with Staysure included ski for me tho I dont ski ..] saved £100 on this even taking into consideration my £inflated solo trip in July .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back