Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
Whilst on a tour of Denmark and Sweden we decided we had time in the schedule for 4 nights in Norway, however did not realise I should have registered my MH with EPC Plc in London who appear to be a collection agency for automatic tolls. I have registered this morning, now in Gothenburg, in a couple of months I may receive a bill by email from EPC for the section of toll road we used? Anyone encountered this form of toll collection.
Skal, Cheers etc.,
Clankie

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
We are in Norway now and have registered with EPC... It is not compulsory, but felt it would be easier in the long run to register rather than have them chase us for individual tolls...

Another option was a 'autopass' system which I think deducts the tolls from a deposit paid..

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You have watch the little buggers. :( One minute your sat outside the MH, enjoying the sound of Dragon Boats passing up the fiord, next, they whip round and let your tyres down! :eek::eek: Dont let them under the bonnet, for heavens sake. They will drink all your anti freeze!
No, Norway is great, but just beware stopping over in the wide open spaces. They live in caves near to the waters edge. (y)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
One other option.

If you're planning on traveling to Norway via Sweden using the Oresund bridge it's worthwhile joining their "Bropass" frequent traveller scheme (detailed maths shown below...)

This also entitles you to a free electronic toll tag. It works on all Norwegian tolls, some bridges and some ferries.. The main benefit is it gives you immediate online access to the tolls so you can check them more easily. You are billed to a linked credit card at the end of each month.

So... The maths to justify this.

Std Oresund bridge crossing for a Campervan (below 3.5t) is €112

Bropass contract is €41
Bropass reduced rate is €44

Total price for on crossing is therefore €85 vs €112

Actually there are possibly some further hidden benefits. Using the tag you go through an automatic lane which doesn't seem very accurate - it seems we were charged at the car rate of €22. And finally, reading the small print you can cancel membership after six months for a pro rata refund of the fee..So our €112 crossing will have cost €44. We saved almost enough to buy a small beer in Norway :)

And yes, I am a Yorkshireman...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clankie

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
Thanks Jensen for your info, will look into your system.

OP
OP
Clankie

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
Sorry for typo Jenben, I've just been overcharged on the Oresundbron £96.66 instead of £47.95 they classed us as a minibus 6-9m!! In the panic to leave the toll booth we didn't realise. 50m up the bridge no stopping!! I have spoken to my credit card company and have proof that they classed us as 6m on the journey into Sweden. I've also sent an email to the Oresundbrom customer services. Life's a bitch ech!

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
. I've also sent an email to the Oresundbrom customer services. Life's a bitch ech!

When we went into their offices they were really helpful. We asked them about being overcharged, they said an email to them with all the facts would be acceptable and they would quickly look into it. I guess you will find out if this is the case, fingers crossed.

If you are in Copenhagen @Clankie you could pop into their offices.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clankie

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
Hi Jenben, we are over the Puttgarden ferry now and back into Germany. Thanks for your input it's nice to have a chat with like minded folk when you've been ripped off. I send them a photo of their bill and my van stats, I'm sure I'll get a refund. Cheers, Clankie.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
I have joined up to the Oresundbron Bropass customer and requested a Bizz pass with my registration #. So do I still need a Euro parking account, or will I be able to get the whole thing (Tolls in Norway etc) with just my Bropass?

TIA

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Assuming you get your bropass tag in time then yep that is all you need. You will get an online account where you can see each toll (posted every night) and then each invoice at the end of each month.

Out of interest are you having it posted to you, we ran out of time so picked ours up from their office in Copenhagen.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Assuming you get your bropass tag in time then yep that is all you need. You will get an online account where you can see each toll (posted every night) and then each invoice at the end of each month.

Out of interest are you having it posted to you, we ran out of time so picked ours up from their office in Copenhagen.
I've asked for it to be posted, but I've got a bit of time, not going until 11th September. I'm in France for the next 2 months working out my route planning. :)

I'm hoping to get right up the Norway side and back thru Sweden, probably 4-5 weeks?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We didn't register in Norway but did actually make a note of when we passed through the toll machines - got a bill about 6 weeks later with all the tolls accumulated (think they must account monthly) which checked out okay. Then simply did a credit transfer direct to a London bank account - simples!

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
I've asked for it to be posted, but I've got a bit of time, not going until 11th September. I'm in France for the next 2 months working out my route planning. :)

I'm hoping to get right up the Norway side and back thru Sweden, probably 4-5 weeks?

We've just done a 5 week trip from near Limoges, 10500 kms... Unless you have a real desire to visit Sweden I'd go up and down through Norway..There are sufficient alternatives to make it interesting. We only drove 1000kms in Sweden and it was fairly monotonous to say the least...

As for route planning, be flexible because of the weather... If the rain sets in as it did for us on occasion we changed our route considerably to make the most of the best weather..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back