LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Can you give me a bit more? Is it connecting and showing 4G service, have you tried to make a call, can you send a text?
Please see post 51 when I said

"I've tried everything including all what you have said, i've tried in both my iphone, my wife's iphone and the router, both iphones say no service, the router says Sin red"

So in my iphones both say no service so i don't get any 3/4/5G at all, the router says no sim card inserted or Sin red

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
May have to get back to Guiller.

I’m pretty sure they haven’t solved the problem they had with VF configuration for yours yet Al!

Your APN settings are clearly fine as it works with an alternate VF SIM. Don’t know what to suggest from here… ☹️

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
May have to get back to Guiller.

I’m pretty sure they haven’t solved the problem they had with VF configuration for yours yet Al!

Your APN settings are clearly fine as it works with an alternate VF SIM. Don’t know what to suggest from here… ☹️
TBH Harvey i’ve given up, just going round in circles till my head hurts so I may have to look elsewhere 😢

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Update
Camino has just replied to me in the last 5 mins, she’s on holiday until monday but has seen my emails

Apparently she’s asked that the DD is cancelled so hopefully I won’t get charged anything

I’m gutted tbh so can anyone offer any advice on what we can use whilst away

thanks Al 👍

Jul 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMCI 680
Unfortunately not a good experience for us with Tiekom.

Had done a fair amount of research on here as we are new to the whole MoHo lifestyle and planned our first three months around Europe. Took some recommendations and as we are data hungry, went with a couple of Popit Sims for the phones as well as a 300GB Tiekom Sim for the router/MiFi. Contacted Camino/Tiekom three weeks before departure and ordered the Sim. Waited two weeks and didn’t arrive. Contacted Camino and was told it would be delivered this week. Thursday still nothing and again contacted Camino who said the Sims were stuck in customs. So with only Friday and Saturday left till we depart, had to then cancel the Tiekom order resorted to ordering a further two Popit Sims which of course are slightly more for 100GB less. The costs aren’t the real issue though as the additional two Popit Sims haven’t arrived today (Friday) and fingers crossed they get here tomorrow (Saturday) as we depart early hours Monday, which means if they don’t get here we won’t have MiFi/WiFi and will have to seek an alternative in Europe.

Not ideal as we had hoped 3 weeks was more than enough time to get a couple of Sims from Europe. No idea why a couple of Sims in an envelope would get stuck in customs. Also no tracking or updates to try and resolve earlier. So bottom line is I have no idea if the Tiekom package would have been any good for us, but the lack of tracking/shipment updates meant that we have been left with almost no time to source an alternative.

I appreciate there are many happy Tiekom customers on here and I may very well be just the exception, but for us will stick with Popit in future as UK based, even if slightly more expensive. Would also have saved me purchasing a VPN package and Firestick as not needed for Popit and have an Apple TV. Ho hum, live and learn. 1st world problems.

Would just suggest from our experience and we may be the exception, allow at least 4 weeks for any Sims being sent through as clearly 3 weeks wasn’t.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Unfortunately not a good experience for us with Tiekom.

Had done a fair amount of research on here as we are new to the whole MoHo lifestyle and planned our first three months around Europe. Took some recommendations and as we are data hungry, went with a couple of Popit Sims for the phones as well as a 300GB Tiekom Sim for the router/MiFi. Contacted Camino/Tiekom three weeks before departure and ordered the Sim. Waited two weeks and didn’t arrive. Contacted Camino and was told it would be delivered this week. Thursday still nothing and again contacted Camino who said the Sims were stuck in customs. So with only Friday and Saturday left till we depart, had to then cancel the Tiekom order resorted to ordering a further two Popit Sims which of course are slightly more for 100GB less. The costs aren’t the real issue though as the additional two Popit Sims haven’t arrived today (Friday) and fingers crossed they get here tomorrow (Saturday) as we depart early hours Monday, which means if they don’t get here we won’t have MiFi/WiFi and will have to seek an alternative in Europe.

Not ideal as we had hoped 3 weeks was more than enough time to get a couple of Sims from Europe. No idea why a couple of Sims in an envelope would get stuck in customs. Also no tracking or updates to try and resolve earlier. So bottom line is I have no idea if the Tiekom package would have been any good for us, but the lack of tracking/shipment updates meant that we have been left with almost no time to source an alternative.

I appreciate there are many happy Tiekom customers on here and I may very well be just the exception, but for us will stick with Popit in future as UK based, even if slightly more expensive. Would also have saved me purchasing a VPN package and Firestick as not needed for Popit and have an Apple TV. Ho hum, live and learn. 1st world problems.

Would just suggest from our experience and we may be the exception, allow at least 4 weeks for any Sims being sent through as clearly 3 weeks wasn’t.

Have a chat with Camino, I’m sure she can send alternate sims to a site you’re staying a whilst away.

Jul 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMCI 680
Have a chat with Camino, I’m sure she can send alternate sims to a site you’re staying a whilst away.
In fairness she did offer that, but we are going with out a specific travel plan as we will be guided by weather as we meander down through France, Northern Spain, Portugal, then Southern Spain and just see where we end up. No sites booked and plan to just stay where we can.

Plus just don’t want to be without a data plan from the off.

Will sort, just frustrated 3 weeks wasn’t enough lead in time for some sims. Never mind, we’ll get sorted and will just have to spend more time chatting to the beautiful other half 🤣 and/or exploring if the weather shines kindly on us.

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
When we ordered our sim it was three weeks plus before it arrived, which was the day before we left for our tour. Tracking info was never updated. Once we got sims no probs and fantastic service. I don’t know how it takes as long either but it seems that’s just how long it takes!

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I’m very likely to be getting and flat mounting a Dishy McDish face aka Starlink in the near future… as good as Tiekom service is (and it genuinely is very good) I’m just fed up with faff around mobile data.

Jul 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMCI 680
I’m very likely to be getting and flat mounting a Dishy McDish face aka Starlink in the near future… as good as Tiekom service is (and it genuinely is very good) I’m just fed up with faff around mobile data.
Did look at that, but just seems very expensive for not necessarily fast data speeds. Have seen people like the Radfords using it.

Keep us posted if you can when you do and your assessment, value for money etc. (y)

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Did look at that, but just seems very expensive for not necessarily fast data speeds. Have seen people like the Radfords using it.

Keep us posted if you can when you do and your assessment, value for money etc. (y)

Of course I will update…

Found a couple of 3D printing files for an ‘RV flat roof mount’ will have to get hold of Paul (@paulandcrissy) and watched a few videos around how to dremal out the rear of the dish to remove the servos. 👌

I think the speed is pretty good download, not necessarily up!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back