Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
found it Andrew and ordered a kit , up a bit in price at £369 but still good value
thanks again

That's great news Neil.

Have a play around with the bag pressures when you get it but in theory you should be OK with 2bar.

Happy fitting and be sure to post-up some pics when you have finished the job. We love pics on this forum ;-)

All the best,

Andrew

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
Routed our waste to the other side of the van after reducing to 32mm.

I have done something similar on mine but kept it at 40mm with an elbow on the outlet at the left side of the van. Didn't want it at the right side as I use a "wastemaster" and its best kept away from the hab door.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tricky2020

Free Member
Mar 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2016
'Did you buy it from us?'
Must be standard from Pilote dealers. Our local one asks this every time we ask for any type of warranty work. We only bought it from them 4 years ago and regularly get it serviced with them. Boils my urine when I hear it, not exactly good customer service. What difference does it make anyway, Pilote France should reimburse the dealership the costs and should be transparent to the owner. 2nd most expensive purchase in my life and I expect better customer service.
BTW we have a Pilote P700G

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Oh it's not just Pilote.
Over the last 15 years we've been on the receiving end of that phrase from Autotrail and Autosleeper dealers and it guaranteed that we bought neither again. Manufacturers need to be on top of their dealers more, they are their ambassadors after all and it's why Mercedes bought many of their franchised dealers out a few years ago.
We're the same, after the house the moho is the biggie and we're entitled to expect better...but we really, really like the P650GJ!

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
On re-reading some of my rants it could appear that we're not very happy with Signature Motorhomes and that's not the case. My fault. Sure there were a couple of things not done prior to collection but neither was really important and it was the other dealer that cheesed me off by asking, 'Did you buy it from us?' before pointing at their 2021 calendar.
I've raised the issue of the extra 240v socket that wasn't provided and Signature have offered to send us a 12v TV instead - which negates the need for a 400 mile round trip to have the socket fitted. So once that arrives I'll be a happy bunny again.

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Yes, it's going to be straightforward to provide a socket in the garage, and a light too.
The one I'd asked Signature to fit was to power our 240v tv and would have been just below the existing 12v switched outlet. It would have been a bit tricky to do without visible wiring or trunking (I'm a stickler for hidden wiring) which is why I asked them to do it.
That they've offered to send us a 12v tv instead is a good solution and an offer I appreciate.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
That's great hear!
I'm impressed with the build quality and especially the layout, given it's only 6.5 metres long.
I see you have a satellite dish fitted - does that work well in Europe?
85 cm dish great all the way to southern Spain and get the app to see what satellites you can tune into

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
They ( Alan)changed one of the 240v sockets in the cab area for a 12 volt plug in so we had the satellite and the TV on 12 V and fitted the 240 V socket in the garage FOC We also noted several differences between models such as an external shower which Alan sorted for us again FOC as we pointed this out when buying van We were not bothered about a leather seat covering in the cab and dining area due to hound and thought the mono colour was better than the two tone for the cupboards As Norrie said the 12 v TV /240v is a better option and where possible we have changed sockets to 12v but still have 5 240v plug ins and three 12 v plug ins They are quite honest in their dealings, they are in business not a charity and will match any genuine quote for work, Even do a newsletter catch up what's up publication and for any lottery winners out there they are the UK dealership for Mastercraft power boats, and you thought motorhomes were expensive! Great boats though! So far well pleased with quality and service and attitude,

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Good morning fellow Piloteers.
I'm still ploughing my way through piles of leaflets, instructions and warnings, some in Italian and some in French, but haven't yet found the answer to this wintery question - but I'm fairly optimistic that I'll get it from you good people.
I've drained the fresh water tank and pumped the taps and loo dry - likewise the grey water tank is empty.
I read that I can drain the hot water tank or leave it to its own devices and it'll drain itself when the habitation area drops to 4c. I'll do it.
My question is with all liquids banned to the monoblock can I still run the heating (on gas or electricity) when I nip out to my lovely new driveway-room for a coffee?

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
I'm still ploughing my way through piles of leaflets, instructions and warnings, some in Italian and some in French, but haven't yet found the answer to this wintery question - but I'm fairly optimistic that I'll get it from you good people.
I've drained the fresh water tank and pumped the taps and loo dry - likewise the grey water tank is empty.
I read that I can drain the hot water tank or leave it to its own devices and it'll drain itself when the habitation area drops to 4c. I'll do it.
My question is with all liquids banned to the monoblock can I still run the heating (on gas or electricity) when I nip out to my lovely new driveway-room for a coffee?

On my 746 I pull the plug from the FW tank and let it drain, obviously turn the water pump off, I drain the system by opening all of the taps and shower and opening the dump valve which is located next to the water pump beneath the fridge. This is the valve that automatically dumps the water if the temperature falls below 4 deg C, turn it 90 deg to open and when you close it you will need to press the button to reset.

If you have Alde heating then it is okay to use as this is separate from the fresh water system

Tap.jpg

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014

Yes you can, just set the truma control to heating not hot water. It will run safely on gas or electric.

Patrick

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Yes you can, just set the truma control to heating not hot water. It will run safely on gas or electric.

Patrick

Thanks to both Jonny and Patrick...there's no substitute for experience.
I look forward to learning all about our new moho and one day being in the position to offer advice and help from my knowledge and experience, although it seems a way off at present.;)
(But ask me about Autosleeper Nuevos and I'll bore the backside off you!)

Jun 16, 2017
Bridlington
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Happy to help
This is the extra bed made up in the lounge area. Plenty big enough for an adult or two children.

Attachments

• AA35675C-0723-424F-AA12-161256FC58E1.jpeg
    AA35675C-0723-424F-AA12-161256FC58E1.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 51
  • C9C01AAA-192A-4CF1-867F-69BDDA73D1AB.jpeg
    C9C01AAA-192A-4CF1-867F-69BDDA73D1AB.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
I'm getting there.
I've drained all the water out with all taps and shower open on hot and cold but the pump persists in running. I've tried turning it off (it was) on the touchscreen at the door but it keeps running regardless.
Don't like the idea of it running dry...any ideas?

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
I'm getting there.
I've drained all the water out with all taps and shower open on hot and cold but the pump persists in running. I've tried turning it off (it was) on the touchscreen at the door but it keeps running regardless.
Don't like the idea of it running dry...any ideas?

Which icon are you using to switch off the pump ?

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
This one, the only one?

Attachments

• 20201031_164234.jpg
    20201031_164234.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 41
Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Oh it's not just Pilote.
Over the last 15 years we've been on the receiving end of that phrase from Autotrail and Autosleeper dealers and it guaranteed that we bought neither again. Manufacturers need to be on top of their dealers more, they are their ambassadors after all and it's why Mercedes bought many of their franchised dealers out a few years ago.
We're the same, after the house the moho is the biggie and we're entitled to expect better...but we really, really like the P650GJ!
Mercedes bought or ended franchised dealer contracts so they could push lease cars and demonstrators through their own network and improve profit margin,their still crap at customer service!

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
This one, the only one?

Only way to shut it off ,other than removing the fuse , is to shutdown the Xperience (touchscreen) tablet. If you remove the mains hook up and then switch off and on the main switch which is marked with a 0 and 1, and is situated by the light switches at the door. This will reboot the tablet and should sort things out.
If that doesn't work and you need to remove a fuse it's the only 7.5 amp fuse on the Energy management box which is under the seats by the table.

Hope this helps

Patrick

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Patrick, I appreciate your help.
I've done as you suggested and the damned thing started up again so I've parted the supply connector at the pump itself and it's now cooling down in silence.
I can only assume there's a permanent live feed to the pump and since I collected the vehicle with some fresh water already in the tank, it would only pump when there was a demand ie an open tap / pressure drop. Now there's no back pressure it's doing what it's paid to do...endlessly.
Thanks again Patrick and I'll seek advice from Signature tomorrow.

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks Patrick, I appreciate your help.
I've done as you suggested and the damned thing started up again so I've parted the supply connector at the pump itself and it's now cooling down in silence.
I can only assume there's a permanent live feed to the pump and since I collected the vehicle with some fresh water already in the tank, it would only pump when there was a demand ie an open tap / pressure drop. Now there's no back pressure it's doing what it's paid to do...endlessly.
Thanks again Patrick and I'll seek advice from Signature tomorrow.

Shouldn't stay on when it's switched off at the tablet , ours doesn't.
I have pdf user manuals for the Energy management block and for the radio , the 8" version, if you want both or either let me know and I will send them to you.

Patrick

Mike Kiff

Free Member
Feb 20, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 1995
We've found a P650GJ which has our favoured layout - twin single beds.
It's a 2019 model which hasn't been registered yet and is a fiver under £55k, which is what we were probably going to have to shell out to get a 4 year old Burstner - which was our first choice but they're like hens' tusks these days.
I'd welcome any thoughts on this model, or Pilote in general?
Thanks
Had a Burstner tag, now got a Pilote G701GJ twin singles, love it to bits.
Mike in Devon.

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Shouldn't stay on when it's switched off at the tablet , ours doesn't.
I have pdf user manuals for the Energy management block and for the radio , the 8" version, if you want both or either let me know and I will send them to you.

Patrick
I'd really appreciate both Patrick.
In a previous life I was a telephone engineer (when things in telephone exchanges moved and made lots of noises) so I feel confident I can tackle this, with a wee bit guidance or a decent diagram.
How can these files be sent?

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
I'd really appreciate both Patrick.
In a previous life I was a telephone engineer (when things in telephone exchanges moved and made lots of noises) so I feel confident I can tackle this, with a wee bit guidance or a decent diagram.
How can these files be sent?

I'll send you a PM and attach them to that

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi I've sent you a PM with the two files attached

Patrick

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Hey Patrick, that stuff you sent me has saved the day. (y)
One of the diagrams shows a bypass/emergency fuse which can be inserted when there's no 240v hook up and the tablet has decided not to work on 12v. If inserted, the pump will pump when a tap or toilet tells it to ie a pressure drop. So that was my permanent supply to the pump - pulled the emergency fuse and everything now works as it should!
I can only assume that the 12v system is only connected at PDI and at that point there must have already been fresh water in the tank. Either that or my pump's been running in a storage yard for a while....
Thanks again for your help Patrick.

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Hey Patrick, that stuff you sent me has saved the day. (y)
One of the diagrams shows a bypass/emergency fuse which can be inserted when there's no 240v hook up and the tablet has decided not to work on 12v. If inserted, the pump will pump when a tap or toilet tells it to ie a pressure drop. So that was my permanent supply to the pump - pulled the emergency fuse and everything now works as it should!
I can only assume that the 12v system is only connected at PDI and at that point there must have already been fresh water in the tank. Either that or my pump's been running in a storage yard for a while....
Thanks again for your help Patrick.

Great stuff . Pleased that you managed to sort it (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back