Thinking of buying a C Line 5.9 XL EL (1 Viewer)

Feb 20, 2023
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
Hello all,

New to this forum. We currently own a Autotrail chieftain, and are considering upgrading and purchasing a Cathago C Line 5.9 XL EL. I would welcome any comments, positive or negative from current owners.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Looks like no owners of the motorhome your considering but my post will help boost it back to the top 👍

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
I’ve just part exchanged its predecessor, a 5.5XL LE. It was a bit shorter at 8.1m. The 5.9 has a better washroom and is 8.4 or 8.5metres, depending upon whether it’s a Fiat or Mercedes chassis.

We had it 3 and a half years and loved it, a quality van. We didn’t have any major issues. Only swapped it because we fancied a change of layout and an E Line. The layout is a personal thing but we thought we’d try out a queen bed for a change.

You‘re obviously OK with large vehicles if you’ve currently got a Chieftain and you’ll be familiar with the benefits of a tag axle.

I’m on my third Carthago, C Line coach build, C Line A class and now an E Line. I’ve not been disappointed with any of them, and not had any major problems. We had two Autotrails In our early motorhome days but the Carthagos are in an entirely different class.

5.9 XL is a nice van and I’d like to think you wouldn’t be disappointed. There’s a brand new one just arrived in stock at Go European in Cannock.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I had the exact van you mention..most know what happened to it.. was a lovely van..

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
My advice would be to go in a C Line and then straight into an E Line. The difference is night and day.
As mentioned, Go European and they have both models in stock.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
We have a c line 58 xl (2018) so slightly different, we have had nearly 3 years with no problems , ours was one of the few with a factory fitted proper cooker, which not everybody likes,
down side is no room for a microwave, so it lives in the garage, Im not a fan of the wing mirrors, they can get blocked a bit a times on roundabouts, An A class is different to drive than a C class but you will soon get adjusted to it, We have only one big garage door and one small one, two big ones would have been my preference, we also have an air conditioning unit over the kitchen, never used it all, a roof light/vent would again been preferential . There seems to be a lot of variation of interiors with model ranges for some reason, you hardly see two vans the same.

The Carthago owners club is usefull, but you dont get access to the main facebook pages unless you cought up a tenner

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back