LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Maybe, when the ones with decent auto gearboxes surface at the right price.

I just don't know wether to go small Hymer Grand Canyon with Caravan or Huge Concorde Style
That will be fun getting a Concorde in your drive in Spain. I couldn't even get my little Hymer in. :rofl:

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Looks nice that I prefer that style to the more modern Morelo, manual as well not the bloody agile.
Did you ever go in the early homes Paul? I really didnt like the cab treatment, grey vinyl floors and slab sides, wasnt homely at all.

Anyone else noticed how all their model names are english? No Haus or Schloss.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Did you ever go in the early homes Paul? I really didnt like the cab treatment, grey vinyl floors and slab sides, wasnt homely at all.

Anyone else noticed how all their model names are english? No Haus or Schloss.
Yes I went in a 2011 model at the dealers when we bought our Concorde, Lundberg reisemobile, they are Morelo dealers( Or were in 2018) so had both new and used models.

I don’t know if it’s me but I always seem to prefer older stuff, once manufacturers get really established and expand to meet huge order books I feel the quality goes down.
Maybe it’s just me, I’m not talking about shiny new upholstery, new cupboard design, electric this, electric that or fancy new sinks etc here but the overall feeling you get of quality, when you look beyond the glitz.

Last edited:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Some of the very early ones were on Ducato, s I actually saw one in Croatia last year 8.5m? Tag
Yeah, premium motorhomes had one in around 3-4 months ago £99k if I remember rightly on a Fiat 3.0L was same layout as mine so it wasn’t really worth changing, even though it was a Morelo 😁 wasnt a Tag tho👍

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Looks very similar inside to a Concorde of that era I think Paul, not surprising though as this is an early model when the designer had just left Concorde.
Have you been in an earlier model Martin, they do feel really nice and solid quality. Although I’ve no experience in actual use.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Looks nice that I prefer that style to the more modern Morelo, manual as well not the bloody agile.
I want an Auto not a Robotised manual. As we have said before, rather have a manual over Agile
That will be fun getting a Concorde in your drive in Spain. I couldn't even get my little Hymer in. :rofl:
We have a little Hymer, yours aint little !
Its going to have to be big if you want a motorhome with Volvo I shift :LOL:
Now I have to learn what I shift is \!
7.58m that's a good size didn't realise they came that short.
That is short, our Frankia was 8.4
Yes I went in a 2011 model at the dealers when we bought our Concorde, Lundberg reisemobile, they are Morelo dealers( Or were in 2018) so had both new and used models.

I don’t know if it’s me but I always seem to prefer older stuff, once manufacturers get really established and expand to meet huge order books I feel the quality goes down.
Maybe it’s just me, I’m not talking about shiny new upholstery, new cupboard design, electric this, electric that or fancy new sinks etc here but the overall feeling you get of quality, when you look beyond the glitz.
Same thing happened with Euramobil and Frankia . You can tell the difference

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Its going to have to be big if you want a motorhome with Volvo I shift :LOL:
no thanks then. seems its just a larger version of SprintShit, Agile, ComfortMatic, ShiiftMatic

"The I-Shift is based on a ”classic” unsynchronised manual gearbox – hence its compact design and high efficiency. The magic happens in the electronic control unit, which manages the clutch and shifts. By constantly evaluating information about speed, weight, road grade and torque demand, it applies extreme precision to every shift. The system also communicates with the engine, allowing it to adjust the revs and brakes for best performance."

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
no thanks then. seems its just a larger version of SprintShit, Agile, ComfortMatic, ShiiftMatic

"The I-Shift is based on a ”classic” unsynchronised manual gearbox – hence its compact design and high efficiency. The magic happens in the electronic control unit, which manages the clutch and shifts. By constantly evaluating information about speed, weight, road grade and torque demand, it applies extreme precision to every shift. The system also communicates with the engine, allowing it to adjust the revs and brakes for best performance."
I’m no lorry driver but I work with them every day and the Volvo I shift is THE best auto out there by far so they tell me and they’ve probably driven most boxs

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

I shift is the best gearbox out there for trucks and it is instant so much better as most competitors, although the latest scania boxes are also hugely improved considering their old ones where shit.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I shift is the best gearbox out there for trucks and it is instant so much better as most competitors, although the latest scania boxes are also hugely improved considering their old ones where shit.
Couldn’t agree more. The new Scania is a big improvement but I shift still feels more responsive.

Time will tell on the new crop of torque converter boxes

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
With these Morelos with cupboards over driver/padsenger.

Can drop down beds be retrofitted!

I’ll bet there’s workshop availability
I wish I hadn’t a drop down bed but then again I don’t need one! If you DO need one they’re pretty handy I suppose👍
If my van didn’t have the drop down bed and had a manual gearbox it would be near perfect👍

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Drop down beds are very useful in small A class like ours though, I do agree though if a bigger one I would sooner have cupboards.

This one we have drops really low so no ladders required like in previous Hymers.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
A drop down bed is a must for us as we need 4 berths +.

We take grandchildren away and our daughter comes away with us on ski trips. Plus if we went full / part time, We would need for family and friends stopping over.

Thats the main downside to this

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
That would be on my drive if the drive was big enough!!
All the overlanders i like are too big/expensive

Ps don’t keep putting it on here as I’m hoping he drops the price a bit more (then It might just make knocking 2 metres off the garage worthwhile😁

I’ll just get back in my box and keep the Carthago a bit longer😁😁😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back