1713532608456.png

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Warren Buffett thought the same and didn't invest his massive Fund in the FAANGs, missing out.

FAANG stocks are the publicly traded stocks of U.S. technology giants Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google. They are among the best-performing technology and most well-known companies in the world. Currently, the combined market value of FAANG exceeds $3 trillion.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
When I think back to those days, it was a different beast and very frustrating with mega slow dial up modems. I can see why some thought it was too early to use it till technology caught up. The world wide web was almost science fiction when first released

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I remember back in the 90's I was watching the late night news and it was mentioned that people would soon be able to buy their food on their computers. I laughed so much I thought it was a joke, I mean who wants to buy food on a computer!!

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
The issue I had was it was often quicker to drive to our nearest office (12 miles) and have access to the inter-site megastream rather than dial up. That had a single gateway to the web initially. Once that gateway was expanded, the dial up became a more viable option because I could load the browser and access everything via the gateway.

Then along came internet security and shut it down again. ADSL later made a big difference.

Forgotten that even with local echo on, you might wait 5 minutes for a response to the enter key only to realise you had mistyped it.

Oh they were fun days and nights .... Not.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I was never that interested in computers, but as they became more user friendly I got on board.Our eldest was very into computers, and also collected this odd new digital currency called Bitcoin. He had several hundred of them bought and traded out of his pocket money, so mine in a roundabout way, if only he could remember the digital key 😪😪.
Mike.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I have said it before but, who remembers Raymond Baxter on Tomorrow's World, telling us that the biggest problem we would ALL have, when we got our own individual computers was what to do with our leisure time because, everything would be processed so fast, that we would only have to work 3 days a week.

What happened to that prediction? 🤔

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I worked as a postie in the late 80s and our union rep kept rabbiting on about the threat to our job and business of something called, 'electronic post'. Looking back he was probably talking about fax machines, so the Royal Mail has long known about something threatening their 350 years old business.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
The Internet has in my opinion made life so much easier. There are so many benefits, remember queuing to renew vehicle tax, banking, booking holidays,shopping the list is endless. One of the negatives is born.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I have said it before but, who remembers Raymond Baxter on Tomorrow's World, telling us that the biggest problem we would ALL have, when we got our own individual computers was what to do with our leisure time because, everything would be processed so fast, that we would only have to work 3 days a week.

I’m of working age (trendy speak = economically inactive) and I’ve managed to reduce my working week to zero days! 😇

All down to the computers innit! 🥂

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that

its filed next to nuclear power will make electric so cheap it wont be worth them sending a bill even allowing for we were entering the next ice age

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I remember the early days of easyJet my in laws had just moved to France and easyJet to Geneva were a fraction of the cost of the other airlines. It was pot luck if your connection stayed reliable long enough to complete the booking

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I have just received my online shopping from Sainsbury's which I mocked back in the nineties that no one would use. It is the only way I shop for food these days:ROFLMAO:

The anticipation and excitement of discovering which unusual and creative substitutions Sainsbugs send you is something I have yet to experience!

:unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back