Thanks Tam , great idea ! 🙏 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Just add two collapsible buckets and voila !

IMG_2128.jpeg

IMG_2129.jpeg

💡👍

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Turn them back to front, then inside out and then back to front again and you quadruple the wear time! :whistle2:

After that you throw them in the bin or just take the lid off the bin and let them climb in themselves!(y)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Turn them back to front, then inside out and then back to front again and you quadruple the wear time! :whistle2:

After that you throw them in the bin or just take the lid off the bin and let them climb in themselves!(y)

i thought it was common practice to put each pair on the top of the worn
pile after a days wear. then you take from the bottom of the pile for the next day and so it continues. :doh:
Result you never wear a pair for more than one day at a time! :restmycase:

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I know fellow Funsters who have been using a similar washing dolly with great success for years now, whilst touring in their small PVC Motorhome. 👍

1715536970322.png

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
Its been a long time since we did any hand washing of clothes. Life's too short, but if you do, use a sealed bucket in the bathroom for your smalls, water and detergent, as you travel around it auto washes them, just need rinsing. Works for socks too.

You can find loads of laundrettes, along with reviews.

We have enough clothes to only need a laundry every 15 days, wash and dry.

Things that cannot go into the dryer, turn inside out for easy selection.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Stopped doing any of this, it got silly, book on a campsite for 2 nights and then join the queue for small slow washing machines and then hang up lines everywhere, why??

Now we find the nearest laundrette( frequently next to supermarkets) strip beds, put everything in the machine, go do shopping, at 40 minutes one of us goes and moves it from washing machine to drier, then finish the shopping, picking upnthe dry stuff on the way out and make the beds in the carpark, whole process usually takes less than 90 minutes and less than €10.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I use a spud masher as its smaller so easy to store and the holes allow the water to go through so the bashing is easier and makes it frothy.

OP
OP
P
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I use a spud masher as its smaller so easy to store and the holes allow the water to go through so the bashing is easier and makes it frothy.
Not with my shreddies ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Stopped doing any of this, it got silly, book on a campsite for 2 nights and then join the queue for small slow washing machines and then hang up lines everywhere, why??

Now we find the nearest laundrette( frequently next to supermarkets) strip beds, put everything in the machine, go do shopping, at 40 minutes one of us goes and moves it from washing machine to drier, then finish the shopping, picking upnthe dry stuff on the way out and make the beds in the carpark, whole process usually takes less than 90 minutes and less than €10.
It's not all like that these days, I stayed on a site with 6 washing machines and 4 driers I think it was, they had an app that showed which ones were in use, how long they had to go etc. You could pay from the app and reserve a machine, washing and drying at its finest! However, the weather changed and I drove for a day and ended up on a site with 2 washing machines that I had to queue up for :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The plunger is OK but the water jets you get from a proper posser make them really efficient, The water is forced through your smalls. We've carried one in our van for ever. Use it in Spain just last month. Two trugs, some warm water from the shower and a week's washing done in no time. And the bonus is that you're not using a machine that someone just washed a dog blanket in at 40c!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It's not all like that these days, I stayed on a site with 6 washing machines and 4 driers I think it was, they had an app that showed which ones were in use, how long they had to go etc. You could pay from the app and reserve a machine, washing and drying at its finest! However, the weather changed and I drove for a day and ended up on a site with 2 washing machines that I had to queue up for :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Im not talking about campsites, I'm talking about Laundrettes, usually bigger machines, faster and more of them.

First site sounds ok though, I think Sitges has a similar set up.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Nowt wrong with our twin tub washing machine we carry with us.

Made the mistake of using a laundrette in Portugal the machine added it's own powder & softener. The perfume smell of the washing hung about in the van for months & had me sneezing for days.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

It takes me 10 minutes to do my shopping lol.

You take longer in the supermarket than most folk.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006

#metoo

I have a wife who has to go in every aisle :rolleyes:

#metoo

Ian😎

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
We just use a "Revolution" outside launderette every couple of weeks or so when we're away. Big powerful machines. Wash and dry in about 45 minutes, start to finish. The machines are standardised. Once you've used one, all other locations are identical. No need for change They accept contactless debit / credit cards.

Located in supermarkets, petrol stations and similar locations all over Europe, including the UK.

Appear to be rebranding as Wash-Me. Part of the Photo-Me group.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We just use a "Revolution" outside launderette every couple of weeks or so when we're away. Big powerful machines. Wash and dry in about 45 minutes, start to finish. The machines are standardised. Once you've used one, all other locations are identical. No need for change They accept contactless debit / credit cards.

Located in supermarkets, petrol stations and similar locations all over Europe, including the UK.

Appear to be rebranding as Wash-Me. Part of the Photo-Me group.
Yes they re great, really fast, can usually park next to them, couldnt be easier

Portugal seems to be the place where card machines hardly work, the country as a whole seems to be very attracted to cash for some reason:unsure::sneaky:

Speaking of which we noticed a new barbers shop has opened in Shrewsbury, "British Barbers" I'm tempted to add " accept s cards and pay taxes" after it :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back