1. Untitled Document

Swift Sundance 630G bathroom tap problem

Discussion in 'MOTORHOME CHAT' started by JockyCI, Jan 25, 2013.

1. JockyCI

JockyCI

Hello Everyone, Just wondered if anyone knows why the bathroom tap come shower head keeps falling out from the tap fitting, and is always lying in the sink, when put back into the tap unit it does not hold.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Russ.
  2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Dont know the answer to that one but if no one comes up with a SENSIBLE :Rofl1:answer, you are welcome to give Ian or Glen a call on Monday and ask them
    01-580-881288 and select workshop option

Peter
  3. Swiftroy1

Swiftroy1 Funster

Hi Jocky,
    A similar thing happened to me. I've got a Whale tap set up which is used for both basin and shower. I found that there's a plastic seating to fit the tap into when used for the basin position. It had cracked and therefore wouldn't hold the handset securely. I tried to glue it but without success and had to buy a new collar assembly . I looked at the Whale website for the correct bits.
    Regards, Roy
    1 person likes this.
  4. JockyCI

JockyCI

Hi Roy

Many thanks for this, sounds as though it may be the same problem, I will take a look and chech their website in the morning.

Regards,

Russell..
  5. Swiftroy1

Swiftroy1 Funster

6. JockyCI

JockyCI

Updated with image of tap

Dear All, here is a picture of my tap/shower head showing the problem.

Many thanks to all who have responded so far.

Russell.

Attached Files:

7. Swiftroy1

Swiftroy1 Funster

Sorry Russell, I see that my taps aren't like yours at all. Good luck with getting help.
    regards,
    Roy
  8. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Russell looking at your taps the only way to get it to stay put is to drive over bumps slower :BigGrin: The shower head is top heavy:cry: better to pull it out and leave it in the sink so it does not break anything :thumb: EDIT you can always try a new rubber sealing ring, the one about 1 ins up from where shower head fits into base
    Terry
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  9. pablomc

pablomc Funster

Have you checked under the sink to make sure the excess hose is not snagging and therefore pushing the tap out of the holder.
  10. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Funster

Change the black rubber seal "O" ring on the shower head just above where it connects to the pipe..... or look inside the tap part where the shower head fits.....it seems to have a balck/grey-ish plastic/nylon insert which may well be your problem....see if the insert will prise out gently with damaging it..and replace..it could be worn. or change the pipe....it looks like a normal fitting shower pipe try to get one that fits tight into the tap part.
    Mel
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013