Starlink roof mount recommendations (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Wondering what people are recommending for a Gen2 roof mount ?

Remembering reading the main thread about some of the cheaper 3d printed mounts being potentially brittle long term vs the classic Everlanders one, is that still the case or are there some alternatives now ?

After a successful “Starlink week“ away I’m now ready to get the dremel out and also drill more holes in my van😂

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Wondering what people are recommending for a Gen2 roof mount ?

Remembering reading the main thread about some of the cheaper 3d printed mounts being potentially brittle long term vs the classic Everlanders one, is that still the case or are there some alternatives now ?

After a successful “Starlink week“ away I’m now ready to get the dremel out and also drill more holes in my van😂

There are quite a few different options in the main thread. Search that thread and you will see them. 👍🏻

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I'm waiting for the mini dish. Should be easier to flat mount and use much less power. Rumour is it's half the speed, but that should still be plenty.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I'm waiting for the mini dish. Should be easier to flat mount and use much less power. Rumour is it's half the speed, but that should still be plenty.
Where did you hear about the mini dish? Dishy 3 has been launched but very power hungry.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Where did you hear about the mini dish? Dishy 3 has been launched but very power hungry.
The rumour is it's the size of a laptop and will fit in a rucksack. But halving the size will also reduce bandwidth. It's already been through the FCC, but there are few details. It is expected to be released this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back