Oct 19, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Class C?
Exp
Returning to a motorhome.
Hi all.

My van has been with me for nearly a year and for one reason or another saw little use last year. We intend to give it a little more exercise this year now that the rain has stopped!

My Stardream turned green this winter and I dare say there are/were plenty of others out there who had their vans change colour!

Question 1. Is there any product that can prevent algae growth and the black fungal spots that cling so stubbornly to the roof's annoyingly textured roof?

Question 2. Some of the decals on my van are cracked and they are all a bit faded. Again, is there any product that can plump the vinyl so the cracks magically disappear, and likewise is there a product that can rejuvenate the colour, like TCut does on paint?

Cheers John

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Wet and forget and similar sounding products are popular for roof BUT often ruin graphics.
It's not a cleaner really but leaves a layer that kills algae and remains for a year and is reactivated when it rains. Really designed for slabs and patios.

Not tried myself on MH but works well on paving.

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Wet and forget and similar sounding products are popular for roof BUT often ruin graphics.
It's not a cleaner really but leaves a layer that kills algae and remains for a year and is reactivated when it rains. Really designed for slabs and patios.

Not tried myself on MH but works well on paving.
I applied Wet & Forget to our vans roof last August and for the first Spring in 6 years my van's roof is not green which I find amazing considering that the rain has been relentless since late July.
If you use it, make sure that the roof is absolutely bone dry before you spray it on and that it doesn't rain for at least 6 hours afterwards. It works slowly (2-3 months) but it works and hasn't harmed the graphics (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back