Spurring off sat coax (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Renault T1400
Exp
Hi All
Hopefully someone can help. Attached is a pic of our satellite gubbins. This is the control box for the dish. It also has Sat in and sat out coax. The out goes to our tv up front of the van. I am putting a TV in the rear of the van as well. Can I simply put a T connector on the Sat out and go to the additional TV?
Please ignore the fact some of the plugs are not connected this is an old photo
Cheers
Mike

8C885996-6684-4665-A9E9-A2A54D464730.jpeg

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Is it just a single lnb on the sat dish? If it's a twin lnb or you can change it to a twin lnb, then you can have two sat feeds, one to each TV and may be able to watch two TVs at the same time (useful at times ....) you may need to change your sat dish lnb into a twin lnb. Its difficult to be certain what you need to do without seeing the sat dish, 'control box' etc but that's how I set ours up, i just took one feed to each TV outlet, though ours was already twin lnb.
I'm sure there are plenty of Funsters who might even suggest ditching the TV altogether... Never going to happen in our motorhome adventures!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As above in post #2. But use a proper Y splitter.
I used one and used both TVs but had to be the same channel on both TVs and only one remote.
Eventually I got a dual LNB and second receiver for the bedroom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Yes and no....
Fit a proper splitter and it will work as long as only using one Tv at a time and the Tv that is "off" is really off and not sending power out of the sat connection.
The LNB works on 2 voltages over 2 bands, 13V is vertical, 18V is horizontal, add a 22k tone and it puts the LNB in "high band". If Tv 1 is "off" but still powered and was last used to watch a channel being transmitted on a "horizontal high band" transponder Tv 2 tries to select something else off a vertical transponder and it won't work as Tv 1 is still putting a higher voltage and a 22k tone out, higher voltage wins!
This device will work, feed into "Tv" input and feed out to either Tv on A & B.

This will also work, note that both ports are "power passing", the Tv not in use must be powered off for this to work, you will also get signal reduction on both options but unless marginal on dish size you should be OK.
Make sure you fit either on the "Tv out" connection of the Teleco control unit.
Just to complicate it a little more... some Teleco units can be Disecq controlled from the TV so turn all those options off in the Tv / sat receiver menu if your unit is one of those.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back