Spare Wheel Carrier (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I currently carry my Spare Wheel in the Garage which is cumbersome and takes up so much space, l have a Tow Bar fitted and am considering a TowBall mounted spare wheel carrier,however,they are as rare as hens teeth, has anyone used this option that can offer a link to a supplier.

A rear wall mounter one is not an option l would consider.

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Local metal works should be able to produce a simple holder that will fit from tow ball bolts. Longer bolts can be fitted to retain the tow ball.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
I currently carry my Spare Wheel in the Garage which is cumbersome and takes up so much space, l have a Tow Bar fitted and am considering a TowBall mounted spare wheel carrier,however,they are as rare as hens teeth, has anyone used this option that can offer a link to a supplier.

A rear wall mounter one is not an option l would consider.
You don't have a Fiat based motorhome do you? They do a neat wind down holder that sits between the chassis rails.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Spare wheels are heavy. Putting one on the very back of your van will have some impact on the rear overhang weight.
Check if there is space underneath. Lots of vans have a profile space for spares but therexis no mechanism which is very easy to fit. All holes for bolting etc are already in place. It's just the manufacturer doesn't add the spares bits to save on weight generally.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back