Spanish residents travel law knowledge please (1 Viewer)

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Niece lost her U.K. based mum last night and will need to come back to U.K. in a bit of a rush.
No problem for her I don’t believe, she is now fully registered in Spain, with a Spanish passport.
Problem arises with 14 day old Spanish born son who must travel with her (breast feeding)
Apparently, baby needs a passport and visa?
Is she correct or got herself a bit muddled?

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
863E1541-E41B-4723-960F-2231BA0A00AA.jpeg

Found this on Vueling Airways which is probably correct, l would check with the Airline she books with prior to booking and get them to confirm it so she has proof at Check in.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Niece lost her U.K. based mum last night and will need to come back to U.K. in a bit of a rush.
No problem for her I don’t believe, she is now fully registered in Spain, with a Spanish passport.
Problem arises with 14 day old Spanish born son who must travel with her (breast feeding)
Apparently, baby needs a passport and visa?
Is she correct or got herself a bit muddled?
What a sad time for them...can you confirm before others answer...does she have a Spanish Passport....has she got Spanish Citizenship or just like us British Citizen/Spanish Resident....this could make a difference....

OP
OP
The Dotties

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
What a sad time for them...can you confirm before others answer...does she have a Spanish Passport....has she got Spanish Citizenship or just like us British Citizen/Spanish Resident....this could make a difference....
The whole family, niece, husband, and three of four children have Spanish residency and passports and are British.
New born was born in a Spanish maternity hospital (Tenerife)
and is Spanish

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
View attachment 701677

Found this on Vueling Airways which is probably correct, l would check with the Airline she books with prior to booking and get them to confirm it so she has proof at Check in.

Why have you put the red arrow pointing towards the section for Domestic flights and not the one for international flights?

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Why have you put the red arrow pointing towards the section for Domestic flights and not the one for international flights?
I did say this is what l found and you don’t need a Passport to travel internally. Perhaps you can assist as you appear to have time🤔

OP
OP
The Dotties

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I did say this is what l found and you don’t need a Passport to travel internally. Perhaps you can assist as you appear to have time🤔
She needs to fly from Tenerife to hopefully Bristol. please let’s not fall out over this.
I assume rules have changed with U.K. out of eu

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If they actually have spanish passports,& not just residency, then they should also have a libro de familia ,on which the baby should be registered?
If travelling alone & without husband then to err on the side of caution he should supply written confirmation that baby is travelling with mum & he gives permission.
The link posted is confusing as between domestic & international it goes on to state that under 18's & infants must have own passport or ID card?
I thought the rules were EU wide in requiring a passport/photo id for a baby?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

if you 'found' the arrow and did not add it I apologise, but posting the passage with the arrow pointing to the domestic rules when the lady and baby are going to fly from Spain to UK could be misleading.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back