LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
The switching off of 2g does not only impact truma but millions of other alarms / trackers etc that still run on the 2G network, they have been talking about switching it off for a while now but in reality i hope they dont as all the old devices would have to be replaced at considerable cost. I have a house alarm which i know only runs on the 2G network and that was already inplace when we brought it. To replace this on its own is nearly a £1500 with the same system but 4G compatible so there are going to be a lot of angry people out there if they do eventually switch it off.

Truma have dropped the ball on this i think as they have known about this for a very long time but have done nothing to address it because i dont think they want or need to as i expect it only accounts for a small percentage of their customer base.

Jul 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
RPMOTORHOMES Rebel
Exp
New to van life
3G is going now but 2G will take longer so we all have at least 4 years before we lose 2G in the UK. Not sure about the rest of Europe - 2G has already gone in Switzerland.

This seems useful if you are travelling about in your van.

• Informative
Reactions: zac

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back