Side skirts (2 Viewers)

Aug 6, 2018
Amesbury, Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Hi I am going to replace the chrome strip above the grey skirt panel I already have the chrome strip but wanted to know if the side skirt should be sealed to the body of the motor home obviously not going to use silicone but something like sikaflex 501 or similar
Thanks
Tony

IMG_0034.jpeg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Some manufacturers do even when it's not actually required, it looks like yours wasn't sealed from new so I would say not required but have a look underneath and behind the skirt and you should see the side wall material coming down past the floor joint.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tony and Andree
Aug 6, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Some manufacturers do even when it's not actually required, it looks like yours wasn't sealed from new so I would say not required but have a look underneath and behind the skirt and you should see the side wall material coming down past the floor joint.
Thanks Funflair will do

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New
On my Elddis 155 with damp issues,I was told by a rep of a major supplier that the skirts end below the floor level so the sealant is unimportant.But when they did the habitation check guess what was on the advisory list...................."Sealant on the skirts show sign of deterioration"

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tony and Andree
Aug 6, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
On my Elddis 155 with damp issues,I was told by a rep of a major supplier that the skirts end below the floor level so the sealant is unimportant.But when they did the habitation check guess what was on the advisory list...................."Sealant on the skirts show sign of deterioration"
Hi yes typical of sales people
Tony

Upvote 0

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Any tips how to remove the glue and foam bits left behind when removing the old strips?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back