Self levelling system price? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
We’re picking up our Burstner Elegance soon and I was thinking of getting a self levelling system put on, but have just been told that because it’s tag axel and 5 tonnes, it’ll be about £6k! Has anybody got experience and is that about right? Thanks

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Any recommended fitters Teesside, Durham area
I’d recommend travelling to the most recommended, knowledgeable and experienced fitters, rather than looking for local.
We travelled across country to Warrington, AS Suspension, for our HPC because they’ve been fitting it far longer than anyone else.
If we’d chosen E&P it would have been SAP in Doncaster for the same reasons.

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2015
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 884
Exp
Since 2017
I’d recommend travelling to the most recommended, knowledgeable and experienced fitters, rather than looking for local.
We travelled across country to Warrington, AS Suspension, for our HPC because they’ve been fitting it far longer than anyone else.
If we’d chosen E&P it would have been SAP in Doncaster for the same reasons.
Good point

Upvote 0

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
I used Courtside Conversions in Tiverton to fit the original E&P system and also to move it to my current van and fortunately no issues with them so far. Both have been very well installed.
All the accredited fitting agents, including SAP, are factory trained by E&P. On that basis I would go to the nearest

Upvote 0

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
People don’t need a lot of things, but have them because they want them. Is there someone who has a levelling system but never uses it? I doubt it, they are so useful. The van is rock solid too when on them. Some of us find that essential:cool:

Upvote 0

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
When jacked up, do they rely on stored hydraulic pressure to keep it up or is there a mechanical latch. I ask as most aircraft undercarriage rams that raise and lower the legs have latches to lock them in place so hydraulic pressure not essential then.

Upvote 0

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
When jacked up, do they rely on stored hydraulic pressure to keep it up or is there a mechanical latch. I ask as most aircraft undercarriage rams that raise and lower the legs have latches to lock them in place so hydraulic pressure not essential then.
Sorry, no idea, but mine have not moved in many weeks of storage at home or away. (My drive is cambered so I often leave it on its hydraulic legs).

Reactions: 68c
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back