Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Anyone do this ? My daugthter is 11 years old and can swim a mile. Lately when we go swimming, all she wants to do is touch the bottam of the deep end. Shown her a diving website of people snorkelling and scuba diving and she seems really interested. Dont know whether it's a good idea or not though ? :Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never tried it but i'v never fancied jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane either...:winky::winky:

mate of mine took his paddy (?) exam on hols and dives quite regular.

says its a fantastic experience.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Mark

I reckon Dazzer is your man to advise you on this one.

He is quite a prolific and proficient diver.....knows his onions so to speak.

I am sure he will be along with some useful pointers for you as soon as he sees your thread title :Smile:

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi mark
Contact a scuba club near-you and get her (and you) a try-dive.
These are normally in a swimming pool and one-to-one with an instructor.
Try-it and see if you like-it. :thumb:
Sheree and meself did four years ago and have never looked back :thumb:
Diving for us opens up another realm where we're weightless and can fly.
Not sure as to your local cost but a try-dive near us costs a fiver.
Have a go, worst that can happen is she doesn't like-it and you've lost maybe £20.:Sad:
Best that can happen is you both love-it and it costs you???? (let you find that out for yourself) :whatthe: :whatthe:
Either-way let us know how you get-on :thumb:

regards...nige

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Mark
I don't see a problem with it providing she gets proper training.
I've done some snorkeling myself and theres an amazing world beneath the sea
Try it yourself :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi.

If its diving your interested in...im your man. :thumb:

Not only do i dive whenever i can but im also a qualified Diving Instructor Instructor.

Not a typing error i teach people to be instructors!! :Blush:

If you PM me with your home town i will put you in touch with a reputable club or PADI centre.

Cheers

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi.

If its diving your interested in...im your man. :thumb:

Not only do i dive whenever i can but im also a qualified Diving Instructor Instructor.

Not a typing error i teach people to be instructors!! :Blush:

If you PM me with your home town i will put you in touch with a reputable club or PADI centre.

Cheers

If this weather continues dazzer you might make a fortune in a few hours teaching people how to get out the house with scuba kit on.:ROFLMAO:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Yes and as Mark is in Wales he will need to know how to do it !:RollEyes: Water water everywhere !:Sad:

OP
OP
mark e

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Thanks for replies people :Smile: Have now contacted a local dive club not far from me that has a trial ( swimming pool ) dive week monday. $5 each and that gives us the basic lesson with a go using their equipment for an hour.

I'll see if she likes it and take it from there :cry::Doh:

brown544

Free Member
Nov 6, 2007
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Yes mate been diving for 10 years now - Cardiff Scuba are good.
Kids 8 - 9 do what is called a bubblemaker course - at 11 they can do a junior open water course - can't tell you what this really entails but sure you can find out on the web.

I have had great experiences on both shore and boat dives down west wales and spend a lot of time in the van their. Can highly recomend this area.

Good luck it is a great hooby made even better when Dads invovled. My kids are nearly the age and will be starting soon.:thumb:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Yes mate been diving for 10 years now - Cardiff Scuba are good.
Kids 8 - 9 do what is called a bubblemaker course - at 11 they can do a junior open water course - can't tell you what this really entails but sure you can find out on the web.

I have had great experiences on both shore and boat dives down west wales and spend a lot of time in the van their. Can highly recomend this area.

Good luck it is a great hooby made even better when Dads invovled. My kids are nearly the age and will be starting soon.:thumb:

A junior open water course is exactly the same as an adult open water course with the exception that a childs maximum depth is to be no more than 12 meters (an adults is 18 mtrs). Once the child gets to 16 they can upgrade to a normal open water diver qualification for the cost of a new card. :thumb:

A junior open water diver has the same level of knowledge, skills and training as an adult. In fact most kids ive taught are better diver than their parents!!! :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back