Satellite tuning of Avtex 19.5 Pro (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We are having difficulties in tuning in stations via a satellite dish connection.

Using Apps we have aligned the dish properly for Astra 2 and, in the Satellite tuning menu on screen, we have a signal strength of 5 out of 5 but a signal quality of 0.

Trying to tune in a station gives an on screen message of “No signal, check dish and connections” which seems odd in view of the 5/5 above.

We are unable to get any stations.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
Using Apps we have aligned the dish properly for Astra 2 and, in the Satellite tuning menu on screen, we have a signal strength of 5 out of 5 but a signal quality of 0.
In the days when I used to align the spare sky dish by hand, those were the symptoms I got when I found the wrong satellite (almost but not quite in the right position)

K9Motorhomers

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2021
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 540
Exp
Since 1979
We had a similar problem. I rang Axtex (great to deal with) who told me there was an update for satellite tuning. Downloaded the update and all good again. That was 2 months ago and no problems since

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
In the days when I used to align the spare sky dish by hand, those were the symptoms I got when I found the wrong satellite (almost but not quite in the right position)
Thank you for the response.

According to Satellite Finder App I am in “Perfect” alignment for Astra 2. However, tomorrow I will try moving the dish again. Getting too dark now to persist.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We had a similar problem. I rang Axtex (great to deal with) who told me there was an update for satellite tuning. Downloaded the update and all good again. That was 2 months ago and no problems since
Thank you for the reply.

How did you download and apply the update?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Thank you for the info K9Motorhomers .

Unfortunately, being away, we only have iPads with us. I can download via my PC when we get home, but not until next weekend.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Apps get you in the ball park. But they are not as accurate to get you in the correct position on the field.
Given that there are satellites 2 degrees either side of the Astra 2 satellites, and others also in close vicinity, that use similar frequencies to the UK signals, it is highly likely you are on the wrong satellite.
This is the usual issue of just relying on apps alone. Even a basic "beeper" sat finder beeps when it is on a signal, but not on the desired signal.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Apps get you in the ball park. But they are not as accurate to get you in the correct position on the field.
Given that there are satellites 2 degrees either side of the Astra 2 satellites, and others also in close vicinity, that use similar frequencies to the UK signals, it is highly likely you are on the wrong satellite.
This is the usual issue of just relying on apps alone. Even a basic "beeper" sat finder beeps when it is on a signal, but not on the desired signal.
Yes, I agree about the basic “beeper”. It shows a signal at different points but no TV reception.

Keep trying seems to be the answer.

The sat dish is at our caravan which is permanently sited. We had reception when we left last time but, despite the dish being “secured” by tie downs it had shifted slightly during the storms. Add to that the fact that, in spite of all water pipe feeds being insulated, we are frozen this morning I remember why we like out motorhome with its onboard tank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
We are having difficulties in tuning in stations via a satellite dish connection.

Trying to tune in a station gives an on screen message of “No signal, check dish and connections” which seems odd in view of the 5/5 above.

We are unable to get any stations.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20231125_103249_Gallery.jpg

Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
When tuning look at the screen make sure you have the 2 green bars at the bottom right corner . that's very important before you do a scan for programmes

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Astra 2 has had a change of frequencies hence Avtex have updated the channel list. Last summer in France, I discovered that there had been changes as I stopped being able to pull in channels that previously I could receive.
Although I did eventually manage to update the channel list, I was able to get some channels by selecting Astra 2 and then going into ’Advanced settings’ and systematically selecting different transponders for that satellite until I get green bars for both signal strength and quality. Only then do I do a search.
Here is an earlier post of mine about updating the channel list where Avtex were very helpful.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/avtex-tv-listings-update-file.271202/#post-5894666

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back