Samsung Galaxy/ Airpod issue (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Sometimes my audio cuts off when listening to the radio or some podcasts when using Galaxy buds.

It happens very shortly after my phone screen times out. But it only happens on some apps. If I listen to Radio X or LBC on the Global player it will cut out all the time and yesterday I was listening to the Audible app and it cut out.

But yet if I listen to a podcast via Google Podcasts or BBC Sounds it is fine.

I know there is a known issue with the volume dropping right down for some people but my audio cuts off altogether.

I've spoke to Global support and they can't really help.

Any ideas what it could be? Definitely something happening at screen time out I feel.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Sometimes my audio cuts off when listening to the radio or some podcasts when using Galaxy buds.

It happens very shortly after my phone screen times out. But it only happens on some apps. If I listen to Radio X or LBC on the Global player it will cut out all the time and yesterday I was listening to the Audible app and it cut out.

But yet if I listen to a podcast via Google Podcasts or BBC Sounds it is fine.

I know there is a known issue with the volume dropping right down for some people but my audio cuts off altogether.

I've spoke to Global support and they can't really help.

Any ideas what it could be? Definitely something happening at screen time out I feel.
No real idea but are the apps that are dropping out going into "hibernate mode" when the phone does same?:unsure:

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
No real idea but are the apps that are dropping out going into "hibernate mode" when the phone does same?:unsure:
I'm not sure. I used to be able to listen to Global player okay so after an update to either my phone or their app something has changed. I could use my ipod but it is better to use my phone as if anyone phones I can easily answer via my ear buds.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
You didn't say which apps you were using ... anyway you probably need to add them to the "Never sleeping apps". If you go into Settings and search for "sleep" and go to "Never sleeping apps", you can click on the plus sign "+" and add your favourite music / radio / pod apps.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
You didn't say which apps you were using ... anyway you probably need to add them to the "Never sleeping apps". If you go into Settings and search for "sleep" and go to "Never sleeping apps", you can click on the plus sign "+" and add your favourite music / radio / pod apps.
I did but I'll let that slide as I think you may have found the problem :giggle:

That sleep setting is what I was looking for. Both Radio X and Audible apps were in the sleep section so I have moved them in to apps that are never asleep. Just been listening to a bit of Alan Partridge on Audible and it seems to be working even when the phone times out.

Nice work good sir!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I did but I'll let that slide as I think you may have found the problem :giggle:

That sleep setting is what I was looking for. Both Radio X and Audible apps were in the sleep section so I have moved them in to apps that are never asleep. Just been listening to a bit of Alan Partridge on Audible and it seems to be working even when the phone times out.

Nice work good sir!
See, telt yi! They were hibernating!:tounge:

However, that was as much use as the proverbial ashtray \ motorbike!

Nice one Vanman

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back