LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I put it in my phone to set the APN as I did not know how to do it through my mifi unit. The huawei app has never worked, apparently issues with Android.

I've just wasted another hour trying to sort it...give up now! Back in to France tomorrow will see if that makes a difference if not will just go buy the french sim recommended here.
The APN will need to be set on your huawei router if its not working but if you did this on your phone and you are sure its correct and it did not work on your phone then it's unlikely to work in the router either even if you then do set the APN on said router

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
i have 3 sims from RWG but they are all old ones where it cost £5 to get the sim and then you get 50mins/50texts/200mb data a month for free, i just use them in my alarms. I did have to reactivate one recently when i forgot to use it which took them 3 days to reply but they did reactivate it no issue.

Handy not having to pay anything for them each month and still able to use them

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
On my 2nd sim with RWG, only issue i had 1st time was cancelling payment, they took 2 extra months, got that back and since then they have altered there structure so when you close the account it should stop payment aswell, time will tell with this but other than that have no issues with there £20 200gb a month mobile sim, hence the 2nd time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Tiekom - utter junk

RWG - devastating utter junk

Id Mobile, I simply cannot fault it

That said it didn’t work in Switzerland but we were only there a night and I already knew so no problem

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
I’ve not had any problems with them but hopefully this will help with some people’s problems
This is quite fortuitous! As been using for a month in France without fault, but having read the cancellation issues of others means I can try using our Monza card for future payments hoping it is similar to the Revolut card mentioned in this thread. Don’t need mine to be reactivated for another month.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
The Global SIM is now £35 a month. Stuff that.

PAGR

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2013
Camberley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Got my cheque today as the SIM didn't turn up before our trip on 4th September.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Jim
The Reglo sim can be purchased in Leclerc supermarkets. 210gig for €19. Good coverage and fast.
Activated at the till so no messing about.
Tiekom - utter junk

That said it didn’t work in Switzerland but we were only there a night and I already knew so no problem
Luckily both our phones are with Vodaphone that surprisingly includes Switzerland 🤔🤔 all the data sims we have used to exclude them….

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Got my cheque today

I've just sent them an email chasing the payment for the data sim they never sent. They promised it would be refunded within 48 hours.

We've seen this type of business behaviour before. They have obviously grown fast without decent systems or personnel in place. They will either sort it very soon or go pop. Right now, avoid.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I've just sent them an email chasing the payment for the data sim they never sent. They promised it would be refunded within 48 hours.

We've seen this type of business behaviour before. They have obviously grown fast without decent systems or personnel in place. They will either sort it very soon or go pop. Right now, avoid.
Just changed the payment provider for 4 SIMS we have, hope it doesn’t go wrong. 🙄

Even that was a pain.

The website is awful.

I hope they sort it, it’s a good deal.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Just changed the payment provider for 4 SIMS we have, hope it doesn’t go wrong. 🙄

Even that was a pain.

The website is awful.

I hope they sort it, it’s a good deal.
They just sent me a link , I inputted the mobile numbers and the payment card details. Hey presto all sorted.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
They just sent me a link , I inputted the mobile numbers and the payment card details. Hey presto all sorted.
They don’t send a link for Global sim renewal and I couldn’t find it on the website. Thankfully I found it here.

I am a big fan of RWG, but that many people have issues there must be problems somewhere.

I hope they succeed, the big operators can get stuffed with caps and roaming charges.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I started with them a few years ago in their free SIM with some free allowances which suits me fine for my primary mobile number as my contact SIM is always on my secondary number.

They started out as a Welsh and English speaking provider mainly for Welsh residents but have grown to providing services for others too. I'm wondering if the requirement to speak Welsh for their employees has caused/is causing staffing and/or other issues.

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Tiekom - utter junk

Interested to know why you think Tiecom is utter junk ?

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Interested to know why you think Tiecom is utter junk ?

Sure i’ll answer with my experience

First 2 sims didn’t work at all so i had to start my journey with no internet

They came up trumps and posted another 2 sims out to our campsite in Spain, one of these worked so at last I was online.

Then they kept on sending me more invoices for different amounts than I care to remember when it should have been one invoice per month for €39.99, I was getting loads of them for all different amounts and all a lot more than €39.99. I was sick of sending them emails.

So then after paying what I owed for the first 2 months, I asked them to cancel after month 3 which they agreed to do but then subsequently cancelled about 10 days early after i’d paid for the full month.

That did it for me tbh so never again, and there’s better cheaper sims out there now if you look for them

Btw this was/is all documented in the Tiekom thread late last year

Last edited:

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Wow you did have a time of it didn't you, I think if I had your experience with Tiekom I'd have rated them "Utter Junk" as well.

Luckily my experience was the opposite using them last year, no problem with billing good signal and speeds. I have ordered another sim from Camino which arrived yesterday, I'll activate a month before we leave to head south just in case there is a problem and hope my experience is that of last year. 🤞

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Still not paid me back. What a shower.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Wow you did have a time of it didn't you, I think if I had your experience with Tiekom I'd have rated them "Utter Junk" as well.

Luckily my experience was the opposite using them last year, no problem with billing good signal and speeds. I have ordered another sim from Camino which arrived yesterday, I'll activate a month before we leave to head south just in case there is a problem and hope my experience is that of last year. 🤞
Likewise had great service from Tiekom year before last, worked flawlessly around Spain and Portugal, and couldn’t ask for better communication, any queries and Camino replied within the hour,

RWG on the other hand couldn’t have been worse, no answer to email or phones and took me a month to get a refund after threatening small claim court,
needless to say I have another Tiekom card coming for our winter trip this year, again Camino
contacting me within the hour after my email,
RWG could learn a lot about customer service from Tiekom,

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I have found them generally good. Sims always work and good customer service by email.

I did have one problem when I cancelled a SIM and they still took the payment but they paid it back fairly quickly after I complained. They blamed the payment service provider (which they have now changed incidentally) and sent me a copy of the cancellation order to prove it.

However, on a slight tangent - how can countries like Montenegro offer such good data. 500GB for 15 euros, 1 Terabyte for 20 euros. And it works perfectly even in the middle of nowhere in the mountains. I've been streaming BBC 1 with ease!! UK feels like a third world country in so many areas.

Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
I have found them generally good. Sims always work and good customer service by email.

I did have one problem when I cancelled a SIM and they still took the payment but they paid it back fairly quickly after I complained. They blamed the payment service provider (which they have now changed incidentally) and sent me a copy of the cancellation order to prove it.

However, on a slight tangent - how can countries like Montenegro offer such good data. 500GB for 15 euros, 1 Terabyte for 20 euros. And it works perfectly even in the middle of nowhere in the mountains. I've been streaming BBC 1 with ease!! UK feels like a third world country in so many areas.
Might sound a silly question but where did you find/go to buy your sim card in Montenegro?

I'm having same problems with RWG as others...no replies to emails so I'm having to give up on them now. I went in to a le clerc supermarket yesterday in France to try buy the reglo sim that Jim recommended but couldn't find any, even tried Google translate to ask shop assistant who just shrugged shoulders at me lol! Anyway decided to up data packages on our phone sims for now (lebara excellent customer service, shame sim doesn't work in my mifi router!) until find bigger store, but we moved to Switzerland yesterday and now they don't work!! I asked the owner of the campsite who does speak some English where I might buy a sim for data and he didn't know either, said try post office!!

I am back to work next week I have to get something sorted by then! We might just have to stay at this campsite as their WiFi actually works lol!!

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Might sound a silly question but where did you find/go to buy your sim card in Montenegro?

I'm having same problems with RWG as others...no replies to emails so I'm having to give up on them now.

Street kiosks. Same in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Surprised at no reply to emails. I've had lots of conversations via email with them. Usually reply in same day or next day on occasions.

I hear of so many difficulties with Sims and WiFi routers. I use a old, cheap, Samsung phone as my 'wifi router'. Just turn on the hot spot. It works perfectly. Been streaming television everywhere without problems.

Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
Street kiosks. Same in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Surprised at no reply to emails. I've had lots of conversations via email with them. Usually reply in same day or next day on occasions.

I hear of so many difficulties with Sims and WiFi routers. I use a old, cheap, Samsung phone as my 'wifi router'. Just turn on the hot spot. It works perfectly. Been streaming television everywhere without problems.
Oh that's easy, wish seen that here!

I have an ongoing email thread with them which they last replied to on Sunday, to check my latest 5gb top up i tried was now working to which I replied to say yes it worked for half a day & then stopped again! I have sent them two follow up emails since to ask what is happening but still waiting replies. I can't possibly have used up 5gb data in couple of hours of browsing, didn't even switch TV on, although the phones and sat nav would have done updates I appreciate. I don't want to purchase another package without checking which one will work with my global data only sim.

I have increased phone contract data to 30gb now, so will try tethering when we get back to France, not that I've done it before but can't be that complicated! Haven't watched TV for 10 days and not missing it so can sacrifice streaming for now, have some downloads on netflix if get bored! Too busy in the evenings resolving problems and trip planning anyways 😂

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
If you have the global data sim why are you buying packages? It comes with 200GB per month allowance

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back