LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
One of the last proper ones by ghe look of it. I think its a car garage one which probably does compromise the living area, any idea which chassis Martin?
Car garage on 12t IVECO, he is even closer to us now, I thought he just wanted to cuddle up but it was to get his satellite dish tuned in.

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I think I saw you heading towards the Mosel we were going the other way,enjoyable reading thankyou.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Got chatting with the Belgian couple next door with the RMB and he said he was having trouble with the alarm fob, bought a new battery but still didn’t work 👎 I got my voltmeter and the 3v battery was less than 0.5v👎 I had a spare so put that in and all OK, I wouldn’t take money for the battery so they have me 12 bottles of Leffe, would have cost him less if I had taken his eyes out and said a fiver 😧

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Got chatting with the Belgian couple next door with the RMB and he said he was having trouble with the alarm fob, bought a new battery but still didn’t work 👎 I got my voltmeter and the 3v battery was less than 0.5v👎 I had a spare so put that in and all OK, I wouldn’t take money for the battery so they have me 12 bottles of Leffe, would have cost him less if I had taken his eyes out and said a fiver 😧
12 bottles of Leffe.😲 That’s the sort of payment I’d be ok with 😎🥳🥳

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
12 bottles of Leffe.😲 That’s the sort of payment I’d be ok with 😎🥳🥳
You and me both Steve. (y)

I didn’t like to tell him I was Gluten intolerant so drank Gluten free beer,
:whatthe: I didn't know that Martin, having offered you a beer umpteen times before. :whatthe:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You and me both Steve. (y)

:whatthe: I didn't know that Martin, having offered you a beer umpteen times before. :whatthe:

Cheers,

Jock. :)
It's a recent thing Jock, Gluten and lactose and a few other things to a lesser degree, I do stray now and again though and it doesn't kill me, life would be easier if I hadn't had the test ;)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
It’s the very fact that you took the trouble mate, it’s called Karma, what goes around, comes around, I’m a great believer in ‘if I can help, I will’ , good for you👍 And talking of batteries, got any spare lithiums? mine are a bit low😉

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Bit of a traffic jam for the lock,

8D3B67DE-E6A4-4DA5-A9FD-09E0E285FFD2.jpeg

3BD7E2E0-5DDB-4432-A52D-56EAFB2F4EEA.jpeg

Check out the pile of sand 😊

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Hi Jon

Glad you enjoyed it, as you know I can get a bit "nerdy" over these techy bits but as long as people enjoy it I will keep doing it (actually I might even carry on if they don't :LOL:).

Yes the chassis bits and the elevated cab is what sets these vans apart from some of the competition and to be fair is part of the reason they are the price they are, on the line they had one van up in the air and we could walk underneath(y) OK it's not everybody that wants to get under their van BUT,

View attachment 623899
Here you go then, the big round thing with Telma written on it is a Telma;) oh sorry, it's a Telma retarder and for anybody who doesn't know what this is it is basically a "eddy current" braking system fixed into the prop shaft, it's like a motor but working the other way so it becomes a brake and creates electricity rather that using it, the power it produces is lost as heat.

View attachment 623900
The Telma is a brilliant bit of kit and I am really pleased that I spent a small fortune ordering it(y) on this trip we have dropped down into the Mosel valley a couple of times and it is quite steep I just set the retarder on two or three clicks and don't need to touch the brakes(y), Anybody ordering a MORELO needs to bear in mind though that when they fit the retarder the standard 90 litre fuel tank drops to 70 litres to give clearance so you really really need to order the extended range 200 litre tank.

Of course you are right about N+B Jon as they have nothing that currently matched the Clou like you have and they most likely never will again, they are now in a slightly different market to MORELO and Concorde but again they are busy and expanding, PhoeniX have a new building since we were last there and they might have been doing tours I am not sure but what they were showing outside looked even more dated than I remembered but quality build all the same.

Vario will do you a 1 on 1 tour but you need to pretend you can afford one like Paul CazPaul did, mind you he might have got the idea from me;)
I‘ve driven trucks with Telma Retarders and they really are the business.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This is parked across from us in Rothenburg, I expect he was at the Morelo do👍View attachment 625120
Palace with glass sides and glass windows all round (extra weight) newer than ours as it has the later locker doors with the concealed hinges.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Handy on heavy motorhomes when your coming down from the Picos too 😁
Obviously not driven ours without (I suppose I could switch it off) but I bet it’s a different thing all together with the gearbox doing it’s thing for engine braking and the motor revving it’s nut off together with the brakes trying their hardest to stop 7t, nah money well spent just don’t ask me how much it was.

You have an exhaust brake as well Jon?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Palace with glass sides and glass windows all round (extra weight) newer than ours as it has the later locker doors with the concealed hinges.
Yes he did mention that the glass was quite heavy! He’s just had a Thule veloslide bike rack installed, looks pretty good👍

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes he did mention that the glass was quite heavy! He’s just had a Thule veloslide bike rack installed, looks pretty good👍
Good bit of kit but a bit overkill for me, or maybe just too much cash for my Yorkshire tendencies.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Obviously not driven ours without (I suppose I could switch it off) but I bet it’s a different thing all together with the gearbox doing it’s thing for engine braking and the motor revving it’s nut off together with the brakes trying their hardest to stop 7t, nah money well spent just don’t ask me how much it was.

You have an exhaust brake as well Jon?
Yep, auto with brakes or you can do it manually with floor pedal

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Lunch out in Brugge, well it would have been rude not to have a beer or three, hope my legs still work, Grimbergen 1 Bruin and 2xblonde👍 Not even Gluten free so if I have a hangover I will blame the gluten.
I like a bit of 🐴 🐴 in Brugge😋😋

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Lunch out in Brugge, well it would have been rude not to have a beer or three, hope my legs still work, Grimbergen 1 Bruin and 2xblonde👍 Not even Gluten free so if I have a hangover I will blame the gluten.
All this sacrifice in the name of research! You re so selfless Martin :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back