Replacement phone (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Xiaomi all the way.
Watch out for the size though as the 6.67" versions can be a bit on the large size.
I went for the Redmi Note 10S which is 6.43" and makes a big difference, but go for 6GB RAM 128GB Internal Memory (expandable and dual SIM).

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We've had Redmi phones for a few years now versions 7, 8 and 9 (current), hubby has the NTS version (not that he uses it!). Cost just over Ā£100 and do everything that we want. Certainly worth a close look Dave and a fair bit cheaper than Samsung for the same performance etc.
Iā€™d never heard of Redmi phones but after looking at the specs of the model on Stealaway post above, I think I might buy one. May I please ask where you bought them? I see only one shop listed on their site. Would prefer to go to a shop than order on-line.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have been using a Realme 6 for quite a while very pleased with it, 128gb memory, twin sim, fast charging. Gets very good reviews as one of the best budget phones but not exactly budget at nearly Ā£300.

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
My current Samsung is 'fragile' thinking of replacing it..

I'm thinking of another Samsung. Dual sim, big memory. Poss 5g to future proof.

Any suggestions, I'm confused between the S and A series.
Not looking at the bottom end, no looking for Apple or some obscure Chinese model..
Hi Dave.

As per other posters in this thread I also have a Xiaomi phone, in my case the redmi note 8 pro model....Used it for 2 years now with no problems....Started off with Android 9 OS , Xiaomi have since over the air updated it to android 11. Its also a dual SIM phone. Been one of the best I've had.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Iā€™d never heard of Redmi phones but after looking at the specs of the model on Stealaway post above, I think I might buy one. May I please ask where you bought them? I see only one shop listed on their site. Would prefer to go to a shop than order on-line.
We got ours from Gearbest, not sure of the cost of ours/others now but worth a shuftie, also look on Ebay too:

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I can imagine my late father reading what you wrote and saying ā€œEh, what the hell does all that meanā€šŸ˜„
Off topic I realise but my dad, who died in 2003, would have been amazed by tablets, and modern mobiles. He did have a primitive Nokia mobile phone which basically made and accepted calls and also text messages but that, I recall, was it. šŸ„²

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
If you go to a shop you will be charged retail/more and often only on a deal.
On line purchase are so safe - with a credit card you are fully protected.

The mi.com. web site tends to have deals and better prices than even Amazon etc.
He bought his Redmi Note 10Pro for Ā£205 last week.

If you must
Redmi10 5G is currently Ā£159 at Curry

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I've got a Moto g82, which gives you 5G at a decent price and spec. I wouldn't want a Samsung S/Apple, as I don't want that feeling you get when you drop Ā£800 into the river by accident, or leave it in a taxi.

Sure, no-one's going to lust over it, but I don't care about that sort of thing. It's got a very decent screen and plenty enough processor, RAM, storage and camera to do anything required. Why pay more?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Think my phone is the Samsung A51 5G. Last couple of phones have been Samsungs. Was about Ā£380 so middle of the range, should last a while yet. My last 'waterproof' S8 got water in it so it's the last time I'll bother with the expensive S range šŸ™„

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My last S8 had a cracked screen through dropping on concrete. It still works though has a missing corner on the display.
I replaced it with an S10 which is in an armoured case to avoid doing the same. It just makes it a bit thicker. It can still be charged wirelessly with the case on.

Swmbo has an S21 but it doesnt seem to be any significant improvement on mine.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Also worth noting Amazon is one of the few places you can buy a phone use it for a week & if you don't like it return it.
Most retailers will only accept returns if the box seal is unbroken.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back