Renewal of C1 D47P/D4 application forms 56 days before 70th birthday not 90 (1 Viewer)

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Please help ! It May Be Me - but I am completely fuddled by the different information on the many various websites regarding sending a new photo or not when I send the forms and my photo driving licence back.
I have just had the excellent D4D assessment - [advised from here thanks Funsters ]
I applied for the pack of forms in good time but they took ages to arrive ; it is now 53 days until my licence runs out . The D2 form states I must send a photo as I am renewing my licence and it is due to expire within 56 days . The gov booklet on applying INF2D does not say this . SO - do I need a new photo or not ?
And if I do I assume I DONT need it signed by someone to say it is me ; as I have enclosed my passport details on the form
I am happy to do whatever , but having to get a passport photo and buy a postal order [if they exist !!] to cover the cost of a new licence is an utter PITA- especially as the time scale from getting the paperwork was short. Also who has a cheque book nowadays ?
I will be 73 before this is settled at this rate
Thank you in advance xx

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Please help ! It May Be Me - but I am completely fuddled by the different information on the many various websites regarding sending a new photo or not when I send the forms and my photo driving licence back.
I have just had the excellent D4D assessment - [advised from here thanks Funsters ]
I applied for the pack of forms in good time but they took ages to arrive ; it is now 53 days until my licence runs out . The D2 form states I must send a photo as I am renewing my licence and it is due to expire within 56 days . The gov booklet on applying INF2D does not say this . SO - do I need a new photo or not ?
And if I do I assume I DONT need it signed by someone to say it is me ; as I have enclosed my passport details on the form
I am happy to do whatever , but having to get a passport photo and buy a postal order [if they exist !!] to cover the cost of a new licence is an utter PITA- especially as the time scale from getting the paperwork was short. Also who has a cheque book nowadays ?
I will be 73 before this is settled at this rate
Thank you in advance xx
Yes as past the 56 days you do need to send a photo, you don't need to buy a passport photo you can do your own.
Also the form implies you need to send a payment if you are sending a photo if you are applying for a license renewal for 70 years or over no payment is required.

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
I’ve just renewed my licence well past the 56 days and I didn’t include a photo. I also didn’t include my old licence. My licence was updated online 4 days after they received it and I received the new licence 6 days later

Cheers

Trevor

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Posted my renewal application today. The D2 now asks if you are renewing 70 and over. Put X in box.
Not as involved as previous D2
I posted with new photo, (photo was 10 years old, I had hair!!) no need for witness, you are not required for Passport details as before.
No need to complete section 5 unless.....................etc
No charge for new photo as renewal .service is free 70 and over.
I took photographs of both sides of old licence, I stuck that to a Postick sheet and applied that to D2. That way it doesn't drop out but is not attached permanently to form.
Sent recorded delivery for what its worth.
Will follow progress via service that gives licence details. When expiry date changes it tells you they have done it.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 13.53.39.png

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’ve just renewed my licence well past the 56 days and I didn’t include a photo. I also didn’t include my old licence. My licence was updated online 4 days after they received it and I received the new licence 6 days later

Cheers

Trevor
You was lucky, a bit of a risk with DVLA.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Yes as past the 56 days you do need to send a photo, you don't need to buy a passport photo you can do your own.
Just for info dear Mr Lenny I have been attempting to do this for over an hour .
Resizing appropriate snaps has resulted in a printout the size of a pin, then just a pair of eyes which would have trouble fitting on a bill board and would give any observer nightmares . Fury and rage replaced by uncontrollable laughter and now eyes swollen so new photo in possible passport friendly app not possible.
Beginning to think it would be easier to sell beloved Moho and live under the stairs.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Cheers

Trevor

Re: not including a photo, I seem to remember the D2 in the past asking for permission to use one's passport photo, but know they only ask about passport for identity purpose.

I wonder if one has given passport number that also covers their use of passport photo?

Trevor did you give passport use permission?

[Congratulations for spelling licence correctly. So many on this forum use the American spelling of 'license']

Geoff

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
56 days for the C1
I applied for my C1 84 days before the expiry date i.e. in the 90 to 56 days period when a new photo is not needed. I have not lost any time, the expiry date remains exactly the same, the day before my birthday.

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
I have been researching the process to renew my C1 licence as I approach my 70th birthday. Contrary to most googled “information” the DVLA site states that they will send out the above Applications to renew the C1 license 56 days before the applicant‘s 70th birthday, not 90 days as stated by Moneysaving expert and “Martin Lewis’” website. I think most of the links I found related to the application for a C1 licence, not a renewal of one.
Do others more knowledgeable that I agree with my findings?
I received notification in December, 90 days before my 70th birthday. Filled out the application online at around -80 and received new licence in about 5days with renewal date on 73rd birthday (No medical complications and did not want to renew photo or C1).

OP
OP
Conal
Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Pausim and kev54 Yes, after reading about the 56 on the DVLA website, I received notification after the 90 days but well before the 56 days. I was going to wait until 56 days to go but (thank you both) I will book my appointment with D4Drivers tomorrow!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Re: not including a photo, I seem to remember the D2 in the past asking for permission to use one's passport photo, but know they only ask about passport for identity purpose.

I wonder if one has given passport number that also covers their use of passport photo?

Trevor did you give passport use permission?

[Congratulations for spelling licence correctly. So many on this forum use the American spelling of 'license']

Geoff
Geoff

I didn’t include a photo or give permission to use my passport photo on my application as you only need to do this if you wish to have a new photo. My photo on the expiring licence was fairly recent as I had previously changed (within the last couple of years) from a paper licence to a photo card licence (the green paper one was falling to pieces)

Cheers

Trevor

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
The DVLA are now worthy of praise. :clap2: :clap2:
I posted my licence Monday this week. It was signed for in Swansea Tuesday. Today my licence has been renewed.
That's just 2 days after receipt. Luckily I have no medical notes so rubber stamp job, but even so, that is efficient as there is human involvement.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 12.02.21.png

Screenshot 2024-02-01 12.05.54.png

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
When you print the D4 online does it have to be double sided or is single sided ok?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back