Removing Adria (Twin) window surround (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Anyone removed the trim round their Adria window, in this case a 2021 Twin?

I want to remove the trim to then remove and turn the blind 180 degrees. It makes no sense to me that the heavy blind is on the bottom and the light flyscreen at the top so the blind drops over time.

I’ve tried gently pulling the surround but not using much force as I don’t want to break it.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

I want to remove the trim to then remove and turn the blind 180 degrees. It makes no sense to me that the heavy blind is on the bottom and the light flyscreen at the top so the blind drops over time.

I’ve tried gently pulling the surround but not using much force as I don’t want to break it.
I must admit I have never seen one that has the blind at the bottom? Always blind from the top & fly screen at base. Has it been installed upside down? if so it would be a warranty job.But sorry i can't help with removal.

OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
All Adria‘s like that. Sorry, forgot pic.
253BADE8-3AA8-4C92-9A20-BB4B58C1E49B.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I think that is the same as ours. It allows privacy by pulling the top down a little to let light in before I put my unmentionables on.

Sep 4, 2021
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returner after 20 years without a Motorhome
I had a cracked rear window on my Adria Twin Supreme replaced by Autoglass last year and the technician easily opened and dissembled the window and replaced the glazed part. I can’t remember how he did it but it only took him around 5 minutes for the whole job.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
If it is like mine, remove the many blanks that hide the screws and unscrew. It comes away complete.
Why you should want to put the blind at the top, I cannot imagine. When camping, notice how, in the morning, people let a little light into their vans by opening a discreet gap at the top.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I’m pretty sure my friends dealer replaced a blind on his that had stopped keeping in place so that and reading above suggests there is a way. Mine is the same as yours.

I think it is a good design as it allows you to lift the blind up to give privacy whilst letting in light above where you position the blind.

just noticed how old this is AndyMcB 😜

OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Why you should want to put the blind at the top, I cannot imagine.
Only only on the windows on the back door, although I’m also thinking of the side ones at the back.

The door ones in particular drive me nuts. We always keep them closed, no meaningful sight line through so not needed for seeing behind, I have a camera for that. As the back door is at our head we have Perspex sheets covering the window so we can rest pillows against the window and not damage the blinds. As the blind is heavier than the flyscreen when we drive the blinds slowly drip so I need to take off one side of the Perspex to lift the blind. If I could turn the blind 180 degrees problem solved.

Hope that assists the imagination 😃

SWW

Oct 12, 2010
Funster No
Anyone replaced blinds. The one on the sliding door of of our 10 year old Adria twin is very tatty.

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp

The reason the blind is fitted that way round it is to heavy to be mounted the other way and you would have to travel with the blinds pulled down due to the weight.

OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
As I said we have them closed all the time as they are behind Perspex, I’m trying to stop them opening. There is more than sufficient light from the roof light and side windows for a sleeping area.

Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Not so new now
This might help from a post I made when having a flyscreen problem. It includes photos, Not exactly the same window but no doubt similar

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back