Remoska cookbook recommendations (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
SWMBO has just bought a Remoska Grand. Can anyone recommend a cookbook/recipe book for it?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
I would suggest don't look at the Remoska like a new fangled cooking device, it's just a small oven and everything that you cooked in your main oven can be cooked just the same in the Remoska.

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
I have a couple of books,but quite honestly don't use either of them. They are very basic and anyone who has any interest in cooking can easily work out timings, recipes etc. for themselves. To get you going just google a few recipes to get the general idea.
The book by Milena Grenfell-Baines "Remoska Cooking" lives on our bookshelf at home. The Remoska lives in the campervan!
Sue

May 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
We've got a copy of that book. It's kind of like going back to the 70s with the recipes. I think we've only done a cake from it. It's a bit useful for ideas to get you going and cooking times, but the device is really just a slightly weird oven.

Amazon product ASIN 0954490002

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
SWMBO has just bought a Remoska Grand. Can anyone recommend a cookbook/recipe book for it?

Mine had a basic one with it, have you looked inside yet? Plenty of recipes on tinternet. :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Just don't forget to use a home made tin foil cartouche to put on anything with pastry top, or cover for a whole chicken, otherwise you will have blackened charcoal offering.

Just about to try making toad in the hole again, with tin foil lid, the last time in the van, the Yorkshire Pud mix rose up so high it stuck to the heater lid, yes we smelt the burning, but it was too late to save the top of the Yorkshire pud.
Good luck, as said you don't need a recipe book, just use it as a limited space oven, and check on what's cooking often, turning over, or stirring arround as needed.
LES

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We have the smaller one as well and have tried “toad”. How do you stop the bottom of the Yorkshire from getting soggy?
I will let you know when I give it a second try, but I do remember getting the drop of oil in the bottom of the pan as hot as possible, before lifting the lid & pouring in the batter mix. The bottom was not soggy as I remember, it was the top was burnt as it had risen up to stick to the heater element lid, which I hope wont happen when I insert my lightly oiled tin foil disk on top of the batter mix ....fingers crossed🤞
Just like warming up Croissants, meat pies or sausage rolls, anything that is pastry really, forget the tin foil cartouche at your peril, the tops will be a blackened mess in minutes.
LES

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back